How To... in New York>Question Details

John, Home Buyer in 10021

I am a EU citizen and i am looking to buy an appartment in NY. can sb explain me the taxes i have to pay or?

Asked by John, 10021 Wed Oct 22, 2008

can sb explain me the taxes i have to pay or suggest me some reference links?thx in advance!

Help the community by answering this question:


it all depends what type of buyer you are John?
a-first time
b- investor
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Nov 6, 2008
Hi John, only an accountant will be able to tell you precisely how much taxes you will have to pay for the income you will get from the rental. The taxes might be waived because you do not live in the USA.
If you need a real estate broker to help you with your sale, I will be very glad to help you buy it then rent it out for you, as I have been doing for many people living overseas.
check me out at
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Oct 30, 2008
Hello John,

I am assuming that you are referring to the closing costs of purchasing a condominium unit. Here is a link that will give you a very detailed breakdown of the closing costs associated with purchasing a condominium unit,

If your question referred to the taxes you will have to pay when you go to sell the property. That's a question that a real estate attorney should answer for you because it depends on how you purchase the property and a multitude of other factors.

Depending on how you structure the transaction when you purchase, the selling costs will vary. The best way to approach this is if we can talk and I can help you understand the different outcomes depending on what your individual goals are with purchasing a condominium.

Please email me and we can have in depth discussion of your real estate goals.

Morgan Evans
Prudential Douglas Elliman
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Oct 29, 2008
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer