How To... in Fort Worth>Question Details

Julie Barrin…, Other/Just Looking in Fort Worth, TX

How to start a Foreclosure Clean/Trash Out Business? Any advice?

Asked by Julie Barrington, Fort Worth, TX Wed Jun 23, 2010

Answers

8
T’s answer
Hello.....I have a trash out biz in Metro Atlanta. What I would suggest is to try to find all the free information tha you can. Start with Foreclosure Clean Up.com. Then, I would try to contact the larger vendors and see if there is any work they can give you in your area.

I hope that helps :)

Oh, and contact reo agents/brokers. They probably will tell you that the larger companies have most of their business, but you never know. You might luck out.
I definitely agree. We do bulk trash. It is going really well.

http://parksandsons.com/services/commercial/bulk-collection/
Flag Wed Jul 3, 2013
ok can someone help me in this matter. were to get insure in dallas texas.
ok. so where in dallas texas that I can get insure. for trashout work is there someone that can help.
im starting a trashout business but don't have money to get insure. is there a way to cash for my business. thank you.
That's a tough racket to get into these days specially with most of our lenders looking to sign national contracts w large vendors who can deliver these services in multiple states. This is happening not only on trash-out; but even repairs on bank-owned (REO) properties. Some of our largest lenders have REO renovation programs with Home Depot where Home Depot gives them deep discounts on flooring, paint and appliances.

This makes it very difficult for small players to complete on price. There are national companies on the trash out as well which are doing the same and it's tough to compete with them on price since they are getting volume deals in a territory.

You need to contact all the lenders, AND more than likely will require insurance and etc. as a contractor.

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Loan Officer, Credit Repair Advisor
The Michael Group - Dallas Business Journal Top Ranked Realtors
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com
I am constantly amazed at how frequently this question is asked, here on Trulia. And they are often asked by shills for "foreclosure service companies" so that they can then give links to their foreclosure services.

It doesn't seem that difficult to do... contact a few banks... contact a few real estate agencies, and make your services known to them.
Alan May, Real Estate Pro in Evanston, IL
If you would like to get into the foreclosuyre cleaning business the 1 thing that most banks will ask for is insurance. Depending on state laws where you live, you may or may not have to register as a business. You should have business cards, have a loist of what services you can provide and what the costs of them will be.

I would start in your local area by visiting the listing agents who specialize in bank owned homes, offer free estimates, same day service for them and offer prices just below market value. if you get the jobs do a good job and you will get repeat business.

i have a whole blog with tips on what to do and what not to do.

http://www.trulia.com/blog/scott_godzyk/2010/05/so_you_want_…

please check it out