How To... in Milwaukee>Question Details

At, Home Buyer in Evanston, IL

How to obtain copy of Owner’s Title Insurance Policy?

Asked by At, Evanston, IL Mon Jun 8, 2009

Help the community by answering this question:


Donna & Dick Bell Team’s answer
If you own the home, you can get it from your lender. If not, for a fee, the title insurance company will give you a title report. HOWEVER, IF YOU ARE IN THE PROCESS OF BUYING A HOME, the standard contract calls for the seller to provide it to you ... and the seller pays for it. (Of course everything is negotiable), but what is the norm for the area usually applies.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Jul 29, 2009
call a title company, I can help you out if you want the info.

0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jun 9, 2009
I am from texas. I already own my home. I need a title policy. A title company made a search for my title and it came back with three leins. How can I get them removed. The title policy is needed in order to obtain help from a program to help renovate my home. The renovating company needs a clean title. The leins are for child support, however, the people whos name is on the leins are deceased. What do you recommend?
Flag Fri Jan 31, 2014
Your best bet would be to call your lender at the time of purchase. They will have copies of buyer and seller on file for that transaction. Since we do not escrow in Wisconsin (which we should do...don't want to get on my soap box here) most home owners don't know who the Title company is and the lenders have all that info.
Good luck!
Dave Eyrise
Realty Executives Integrity
(262) 901-0801
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Jun 8, 2009
Call up a title representative. They are happy to work with individual homeowners.

Land America Lawyers Title is one of the biggest and still in business!

Good luck
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Jun 8, 2009
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer