How To... in 07676>Question Details

Gina, Home Owner in 07676

How to evict a tenant in Union City NJ? Do you know any attorney why already did this job?

Asked by Gina, 07676 Wed Dec 15, 2010

0 votes Share Flag How To... in 07676

I beg to differ regarding self -eviction by landlord. I own several properties and all you have to do is go to your county courthouse to file the paperwork. If the property is corporate owned, THEN, you need a lawyer.
The process is simple and there will be filing fees associated. Also, be sure that you know exactly how much the tenant owes in past due rent, utilities, etc. Once the paperwork is filed, the tenant is served. My experience has been that they do not show up at court and you will receive a judgment. Collecting on that judgment can be difficult, though. You also will have to prove that they are not in the military. It's not all that difficult.
If you send me your email address, I can send you out a copy of Truth in Renting so you know how the laws affect your ability to evict.
Web Reference:
Ray Gonzalez, Esq. 201-902 0909 speak to Marleny she has helped my friend and our clients to evict tenants in that area. Good luck feel free to contact me
you must hire a lawyer and proceed through the landlord tennant court. Self eviction by a landlord is illegal in NJ so don't even try. has good referral pages.
Its not too dificult but you must follow the procedures.
Hi Gina,

You don't say on what basis you want to evict the tenant. There are resources available for New Jersey landlords on the Department of Consumer Affairs Website as well as on the NJ Judiciary website. And your county bar association can refer you to a landlord'/tenant lawyer. I know some very good landlord/tenant lawyers in Morris County, unfortunately I am not as familiar with Union City.