Question Details

Firemanjer, Home Owner in San Diego, CA

How do you purchase Tax Lien Certificates and or Deeds?

Asked by Firemanjer, San Diego, CA Wed Apr 11, 2012

I am a firefighter and I am looking for a side business. Purchasing Tax Lien Certificates and Deeds seem lucrative. Any guidance on how to begin doing this, Any info of "How to" , a summary of exact steps to take and "Pro's and Con's" of doing this is appreciated!

Answers

1
You should explore the rules of the state and county where you intend to purchase your liens. Keep in mind every owner has the right to cure that lien and reclaim their property for up 1 or 2 years after you have purchased that note.

I am not sure if you can charge interest, and how much that interest can be for the owner OR of you can charge interest at all. If you are getting this info from the infomercial ask yourself this question, "if they are making a mint at it, why are they selling the idea?" If it seems to good to be true, it probably is. I do have an idea for you that does not encompass taking your neighbor's property that you can do without a license. Also it does not require and investment of money, only your time, for you to make money at it. You are in a great career that would bring you those kinds of leads. Curious? Call me at 803-467-3697