How To... in Reseda>Question Details

Lbarill hurst, Renter in California

How do l find the legal owner of a home in reseda ca?

Asked by Lbarill hurst, California Sun May 8, 2011

0 votes Share Flag How To... in Reseda

Help the community by answering this question:


Talk to a Realtor , hopefully you know you or one of your friends should .Good Luck !
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Mar 23, 2014
You can go to the Los Angeles county assessor which is usually located in the courthouse. If you ask someone there, they should help you do the research to find out.

You could also find a title company in Los Angeles and they would do the research for you for a fee.

Also, as another outlet, is a simple title research firm that does research on properties in the US for a fee.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Jun 6, 2011
Dear Lbarill,
Your agent can get that information for you by way of a legal report of title.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 28, 2011
By doing a property search on Title ownership.
Or I can do it for you if you can call ma at
Angel J. Hernandez
Prudential California realty
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon May 9, 2011
Hi Lbaroill:

Property ownership is public record. If you give me the address, I can look it up for you.

Good luck.

All the best,

Kat Becker
Prudential California Realty
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun May 8, 2011
As mentioned below, you can get the information from the county offices, as it is a matter of public record. The point just made by Jane is a good one too. If the property recently changed owners (within a few days) it may not be in the permanent record yet in which case a Title company would be your best source.

Angie Simpson
Coldwell Banker
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun May 8, 2011
Larger title and escrow companies have a customer service department that can assist you. Ask for a property profile and it will show the recent recordings against the property. Be aware that some recordings could not show up if they are in the process of being recorded or if they are recorded just after you receive the property profile. This is why there must be a new title policy in place when a home is purchased.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun May 8, 2011
Call me or e-mail. I work and live in Tarzana & Reseda many years. I'll get you the info as a service. 818-330-3333 or
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun May 8, 2011
You can send me the address and I'll pull up the Public Records and forward the info to you.
Jayne Clement
Keller Williams Realty
ePro, Short Sale Specialist
Cell) 213/309-5005
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun May 8, 2011
Check local public records, ask a neighbor(s), ask any local agent offline...
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun May 8, 2011
Go to the county clerk's office and look it up. It's public information.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun May 8, 2011
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer