How To... in Edgewood>Question Details

Mary, Both Buyer and Seller in Bel Air, MD

How do I remove a listing from real estate search engines after removing the house from the market? It's been 4 months.

Asked by Mary, Bel Air, MD Thu Mar 24, 2011

Answers

4
Hi Mary,

I'm not sure about other sites, but if your listing is still showing up on Trulia as for sale, our Customer Service team can remove it from our site. You can contact them via the flag icon located below the photos on the property page, or via the link below. If you opt for the latter method, please be sure to include a link to the listing on our site or the complete property address.

Best Wishes,

Emily Erekuff
Community Moderator
Mary,

I often find our listings lingering online long after they've been sold too. I would agree with my colleagues that talking to your Listing Agent first to see how they can help is a good place to start. Another option is to contact those 3rd party vendors who are advertising your property directly (i.e., Trulia.com, Zillow.com, Homes.com, realtor.com, etc.). FYI, there are hundreds, if not thousands of these sites online, with new ones popping up all the time. All need agreements/licenses with your regional MLS to accurately display listing information. If you are not satisfied with that, contact the regional MLS, in this case MRIS, to find out what they can do to help. Yet another option is to simply be patient and wait for the websites to drop the listing. Good luck!
What does MRIS stand for? I need to file compliant. These online companies do not want to help me.
Flag Wed Nov 11, 2015
You can't.

Assuming it's off the market--no longer on the MLS--then the search engines are using cached information (stored information from the time your house WAS on the market). That's what search engines do. It's like they took a picture of the listing (or the URL for your listing). And that information will remain there even if the actual listing disappears.

But first, check with your Realtor (or ex-Realtor) to make sure it really isn't listed on the MLS or on some other sites. But as for search engines: What it found 4 months ago will continue to appear.
Don Tepper, Real Estate Pro in Burke, VA
Contact the the listing agent and or your buyers agent and ask for the information to be removed...