How To... in 32207>Question Details

Lovely, Renter in 32207

How do I obtain a renters license in jacksonville fl.? Do I really need a renter license in jacksonville,fl?

Asked by Lovely, 32207 Wed May 9, 2012

0 votes Share Flag How To... in 32207

Answers

7
Whether you are compensated or not if you rent property to another that you do not own it is a 3rd degree felony unless you have an "Active" real estate license.
You will need a Property Management License with the State of Florida if you plan to manage properties that you do not own personally. Otherwise, no need for a license to manage your own properties.
Hi Lovely,

You don't need any kind of license to rent property that you own or to be a renter of someone else's property. If you need any help with renting, let me know.

Jeff Metcalf, REALTOR(R)
Watson Realty Corp.
(904)495-0115
http://www.Realty2Reality.com
You don't need a license to rent your property. You need a real estate sales license to rent someone else's property for compensation.
Hello Lovely, not sure what a renters license is. I do know the state of Florida requires anyone who engages in real estate and receives compensation must be licensed.

Have to ask the same question, "What is a renters license?" Do you have property or multiple properties you wish to rent?
Renters License? I've never heard of that before. Do you have rental property that you plan to rent out and manage yourself?