How To... in Dallas>Question Details

Gwen, Home Buyer in Dallas, TX

How do I find out if a home was built to receive gas energy (for stove, heating, hot water heater) or if it's just all electric?

Asked by Gwen, Dallas, TX Wed Jun 29, 2011

Is there somewhere I can look on line for a specific address to get ALL information as far as gas pipes and accessibility INSIDE the home?

0 votes Share Flag How To... in Dallas

Answers

2
I'm afraid that individual property information sheets on natural gas are difficult to locate, except from the seller of a property. The Seller's Disclosure, when a property is for sale, contains the information you're looking for.

If a property is listed, your Realtor can obtain the Seller's Disclosure for you to peruse.
Web Reference: http://www.SumnerRealty.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Jul 3, 2011
That's a tough one. If the home was originally built to recieve gas but it was never installed would be unlikely since the builder would've just 'wasted' money putting in a gas line for no reason.

That said, you might find utility maps through your City or contact the local gas company and see if they offer service to the area around the house in question.

If gas were at the house, you'd at least have a 'stub up' that is capped off near the rest of your utility meters on the house. That's likely where it would if its there.