How To... in 33993>Question Details

Brittany, Other/Just Looking in Cape Coral, FL

How do I file a complaint against our old property manager/real estate company?

Asked by Brittany, Cape Coral, FL Fri Dec 19, 2008

I need to know how to file a complaint against our previous real estate company. The property manager referred to me as a "bit*h", immature, and many other names. She also refused to remove the lock box after we moved in and gave it out to her vendors to make repairs. I came home from work 2 men were in my house. Also, we moved out but had not notified them that we were completely out and they went in to do their inspection. Also, the house has been foreclosed on. Does the property manager have any right to hold my security deposit? Thanks

0 votes Share Flag How To... in 33993

Help the community by answering this question:


Your situation sounds like a horrible experience. I would recommend you contact a Real Estate Attorney. There are many great professions in our industry and to hear there are still people being taken advantage of is a sad situation. I hope that you receive your deposit and the respect you are rightfully deserving of.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jun 17, 2013
Wow! You can file a complaint against their license with the DBPR if they are a licensed Realtor. You can look that up online with the Florida DBPR. You can also call for free legal counsel with the referral network. Small claims may be a good direction as well. Good Luck to you! Sad to hear of your troubles! It is sad to hear when people don't respect each other.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 24, 2010
Hi Brittany.

Sorry to hear about your situation. You are another victim of the foreclosure crisis in our area. Depending on where in the foreclosure process the property was, the property owner or the foreclosing lender may be utimately responsible for the orders given to the property management company. The link below will take you to a free downloadable e-book regarding Renter's rights in Florida. There is a resource section in the book you can use to find local legal aid. Good luck.

Best regards, Tom
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 20, 2008
I would contact a Real Estate Attorney for answers to your questons.
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 19, 2008
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer