How To... in 34287>Question Details

Sylvia, Home Buyer in New Germany, MN

How can we get a cheap and good insurance against flood and hurricane for a mobile home??

Asked by Sylvia, New Germany, MN Sun Aug 17, 2008

We are from Germany and we are interested in buying a mobile home in North Port (i.e. La Casa, Habor Cove, Harbor Isles, Lazy River, Riverwalk), March 2009 we are in Florida again and we'll decide to buy. But without an insurance we would never buy a home? Can you help us?

0 votes Share Flag How To... in 34287

Answers

7
Shannon Moore- The Moore Team’s answer
We live in North Port and would recommend that you speak with a local insurance agent in town. Any of them can give you your best options for insurance. There are many single family homes that are available that would be similar in price to some of the mobile homes in the various parks.

I have extensive information on my website about the North Port area and would be glad to help you find the perfect mobile or home when you visit in March.

Shannon Moore, Realtor
Re/Max Anchor Realty
North Port
941-276-8142
twomoores19@comcast.net
With the amount of homes on the market in North Port, You may be better off looking for a resale rather than a mobile home. It's safer, it's easier to insure and less worries when storms and or Purchase a home and or condo.
Jim Soda 941-809-7759
Prudential Palms Realty
JimSoda.com
Sarasota-Lakewood Ranch
Web Reference: http://www.jimsoda.com
Sylvia,
For additional insurance information, you might want to check out this website.

http://www.flgov.com/shop4insurance

The "Eckler Team"
Michael Saunders & Company
billeckler@michaelsaunders.com
941-408-5363
Something to consider--when or if you have identified a property that you are interested in, it is very easy to get a quote on insurability and insurance cost to a particular property. I always call an independent insurance agent (not one tied to a specific company) to get the best price--they can compare companies that are insuring in that area and actually send us or you a quote on an insurance policy on that specific property. I always do this prior to writing an offer, because my buyer then knows what sort of cost they are looking at, and I ask for the worst case scenario. The insurance company will ask about the type of construction, age of the home, style of roof (that DOES make a difference), square footage, etc. They can see on their own map flood information by looking up the address. Mobile homes are frequently not insurable, as they are the properties most likely to be destroyed in a storm, and therefore the risk is high for the company. You would probably be best to consider another type of property, or accept the risk involved in the mobile home. Please contact me if I can be of further assistance.
Web Reference: http://www.MykeTriebold.com
Sylvia,

There are some real deals in the North Port area for newer single family homes priced under $100,000. Our advice is to consider the entire scope of the market prior to committing to any specific building type. We would be happy to provide additional information. It is a terrific time to be considering buying in this location.

The "Eckler Team"
Michael Saunders & Company
billeckler@michaelsaunders.com
941-408-5363
Mobile Homes are very difficult to insure and regulations are mandated. You are much better purchasing a single family home or Condo that insurance is available and affordable. Being a absentee owner further complicates the insurance. I reccommend calling several Insurers to get pricing before you purchase anything. Scotts advice to write your offer with an Insurance contingency is sound advice. We have preferred Insurance venders on our website which I highly suggest you reach out to. A good one is MGA Insurance - phn.# 888-437-6611
Jim Soda 941-809-7759
Jim@jimsoda.com
Prudential Palms Realty
Sarasota-Lakewood Ranch-Longboat Key
Web Reference: http://JimSoda.com
the mobile home will have to meet regulations set forth by the insurance companies to even get insurance such as age limits and if it is tied down or anchored. there are government programs available when private insurance is not availoable. It is costly and will still need to meet these regulations, the best bet is to make any offerr contingent upon being able to get insurance. ask the agent for a copy of teh sellers insurance policy to see they have insurance and then contact them to see if you can get insurance. that is the easiest way. good luck
Web Reference: http://www.ScottSellsNH.com