How To... in Novato>Question Details

Purplebutter…, Other/Just Looking in Novato, CA

How can I find out how much my sister sold our moms mobilehome for? Also, if I need to take her to civil court I need to know what the statue limit is

Asked by Purplebutterflylady, Novato, CA Mon Sep 19, 2011

0 votes Share Flag How To... in Novato

Answers

3
Talk to your sister and the attorney that might be handling the estate.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 25, 2011
If the home is in a rental park you will probably have a difficult time with the county assessors office as it is deemed a chattel and not real property. You will need to consult with: http://www.hcd.ca.gov/. Then scroll down to "Title Search and Escrow Opening. Or you can call their nearest office to you and speak to someone in titling and registration.
The sale of a mobile home is similar to a regular home in that the transfer of title is recorded. To get the information of what it sold it for, check the tax records. You might be able to research on line. But the most direct way is to go to the county tax assesor's office at the Civic Center. As far as the statue of limitation, it would be best to consult a lawyer.
Good Luck
Liz