How To... in Austin>Question Details

Farmer, Other/Just Looking in Austin, TX

HOW can I search by Architectural style?

Asked by Farmer, Austin, TX Wed Apr 20, 2011

I am trying to help a friend find a Craftsman Style Home to buy near DownTown Austin, Texas. up to $350,000.

I have tried searching MLS by architectural style with no results---so PLEASE don't tell me to get a realtor to search MLS by style! I have also searched by year built, but old remodeled craftsman homes show up as year remodeled--so that's no good either!!

If you know of a VALID way to search for a Craftsman Style Home in Austin Texas, I really would love to hear from you!! Or do you know of any neighborhoods in Austin that are known for Craftsman homes?

Desperately seeking Craftsman

Hi Farmer,

You can use Trulia's keyword option to search for listings with the word "craftsman" in the description. I performed a search like this in Austin with your price max and found 17 homes. Check out the link below to see these properties, and let us know if you have any other questions.

Best Wishes,

Emily Erekuff
Community Moderator
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Apr 21, 2011
Hi Farmer,
Emily's suggestion is on the money. Let me add that in order to narrow down the search area, be sure to put in a Zip code and then select a radius around that area, otherwise you will wind up with all the homes that have "Craftsman" in the description.
Great tip Emily. I always appreciate good tips and info.