How To... in Miami>Question Details

Nereida Figu…, Real Estate Pro in Miami, FL

HOW I CAN FIND A TITLE INSURANCE IN A PROPERTY CLOSED IN 2006, PALMETTO BAY?

Asked by Nereida Figueroa, Miami, FL Thu Jan 28, 2010

0 votes Share Flag How To... in Miami

Answers

2
x’s answer
Are you looking for the owner's policy?
If so you can search the tax records on the appropriate county website, find the owner's name, then go to the county clerk of court (online) and search public records using the lastname, first name format. Search for the deed (warranty deed). Typically the title insurance company name is on the recorded document. You would find the deed has the right title company, because it would have been recorded at the time of purchase (unless it is a quit claim deed, which could be filed later) and that is when the owner's policy would have been purchased. You can then track down the owner's policy through the title company.

If you were trying to do somethign else, please shoot me an email or a call and I would be happy to help you as best I can.

Ryan McPartland
Co-Owner / Licensed Mortgage Consultant
Primary Mortgage Group
239-206-4439 Direct
ryan@primarymortgagegroup.com
LinkedIn Site: http://www.linkedin.com/in/ryanmcpartland
You need to contact the law firm or title company that closed the sale. You should be able to find that information by checking public records. If the company is no longer around and the client doesn't have the policy I would call an attorney or title company that I've worked with to see if they can track it down. Good Luck!

Chris