How To... in Manville>Question Details

Gary Heredia, Home Buyer in Union Station, Denver,...

HOW DO I FIND OUT WHAT BANK OWNS THE HOUSE IM INTERESTED IN?

Asked by Gary Heredia, Union Station, Denver, CO Wed Sep 26, 2007

Answers

9
EEJones’ answer
No one has answered your question directly! I am not a realtor. I'm just a potential buyer like you, trying to find out the same information for personal use. I found out which bank owned the property and when it changed hands and for how much, by phoning the county Register of Deeds office, and they also told me how I can look up the "recorded documents" (which are public information) myself, online, at the county's website.
Typically in larger markets there are a handfull of agents that list and sell REO properties. REO meaning bank owned properties. Team up with a good commercial/investment Realtor in your market who has a history of not just listing but selling REO properties to investors. I have purchased and sold many REO properties throughout my career as a source of investment income. I have a wide network of Realtors I work with for investment properties in New jersey even though I live in Napa Valley California. I am currenly working a short sale apartment building on the Jersey shore. So I would be happy to give you a couple names in your area of qualified investment Realtors
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Sep 26, 2007
how do i know if the apt am renting is owned by a bank ?
ima looking the house in 310 hanna drive wilmingtonb,,nc no one lived there for 3 week is prepost bank owed the house i wannto buy it for 100,000
I live in Washington, DC and I would like to find out some information on a property that I am interested in.
how do i find out what bank owns my home
Yes...go down to the Somerset County Courthouse. They will have that info for you.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 29, 2007
You can go to the town municipal building. This is public information.
You can ask a local real estate agent to research it for you. Since bank will list the property with a local agent anyway, you might as well establish a relationship with an agent who can let you know when the property comes on the market. You can also go to the recorders office and do a title search or see if a title company will provide you the information. In the end, I can tell you that it does not really matter which bank owns the property because banks do not deal with buyers directly. Believe me, there are a lot of people who have wasted a lot of time trying to find the right person at the bank to talk to. At this time, banks are not involved in the real estate selling business.
Web Reference: http://www.go2kw.com
Ute Ferdig -…, Real Estate Pro in New Castle, DE