How To... in Phoenix>Question Details

Lizzie Escal…, Renter in Phoenix, AZ

Can HOA lock me out of unit with out notice he is not my lanlord either his tenant shares garage w/me is that Ilegal (lockout)?

Asked by Lizzie Escalante, Phoenix, AZ Fri Feb 17, 2012

Answers

4
Lizzie, apparently they have, so the real problem you have is finding a place to stay for the weekend and contacting an attorney to help you figure out what your rights are.

Phoenix must have legal aid offices open on weekends, do some searching and talk to someone first thing tomorrow, and please - let us know here what you find out.

Definitely get legal help, but here's a legal help website that may help you (not mine; I cannot give you legal advice.) http://www.azlegalhelp.org/articles_info.cfm?mc=3&sc=24&…

Ann Griffin, Realtor
If you send me an email then I will send you a copy of the Arizona Landlord and Tenant Act. I can not answer the question for you because it is a legal question but perhaps this document might help.
This is a question for an attorney not a real estate agent. I'd find one who specializes in landlord tenant law.