Home Selling in Waller>Question Details

Ozmendoza, Home Buyer in Waller, TX

will high tension power lines lower the price on a property,in waller county texas?

Asked by Ozmendoza, Waller, TX Mon Mar 28, 2011

Answers

8
Not just in Texas but anywhere high tension lines are, it certainly can affect the value. The biggest affect it has is desire, soem buyers may be put off by them or afraid to death of them, when you start to limit buyers, you limit your value.
Web Reference: http://www.ScottSellsNh.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 28, 2011
If you are looking to sell your home or purchase a new one anywhere on the Northwest side of Houston, I specialize in these areas. I can sell your home quickly, feel free to contact me anytime!

Susan Peterson, REALTOR®
Realm Professionals
http://www.har.com/susanpeterson
281-728-9883
I have yet to meet a buyer to whom it did not matter.
I've never seen anything that specifically analyzes discounts like this.
To some people it will matter and some it won't.
I probably wouldn't want it personally, but you will see plenty of others buy there so obviously it doesn't matter to some.
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
If you do all the right things to prep the home for sale you can offset some of the reduction.
Absolutely will as my colleagues have written below. Have the lines tested by the Power Company or ask for a report to evaluate. Many potential Buyers will not even enter homes where the overhead wires are present!
Hi Ozmendoza,

High tension power lines will lower the price for a property anywhere... Most people prefer not to own a home with power lines directly behind the property (unless they get it to a great price)... There is conflicting information about the health effects these utilities pose on humans, however aethetically not very appealing...

Best of luck,

David Jaffe-SRES, CDPE
Realtor-Coldwell Banker
I agree with Scott. If they don't lower the value it sure does reduce the number of buyers that will purchase it, which might end up being the same thing.