mkkiki2, Home Buyer in Vinton, VA

why do people say want put a contact on your home and want to move in on such date come with realtor and then do nothing?

Asked by mkkiki2, Vinton, VA Sun Dec 1, 2013

Answers

12
Buying and selling real estate can be frustrating, so can renting properties, being a landlord, or even buying and selling a car. Anytime you are dealing with people a whole world of things come into play. Not every buyer or seller treats the transaction as a business deal, many will let emotion get in the way and may say things for one reason or another. The golden rule in Real Estate is until its in writing it means nothing, yes there is such thing as a verbal contract, but not a wise way to go. And sometimes even people who put in a contract will walk away from the deal, you never know everyone's true thoughts or motivation. Working though the process takes time and patience, and yes sometime you will be left scratching your head wondering why some one did or didn't do something. Ask any Realtor who has been doing real estate for a while, they will have some interesting stories to tell.
Hi mkkki2,

Hang in there, and I wish you all the best. Buying and selling real estate can be very emotional for most people and a lot of patience and skill is required from all parties involved. Working with a professional Realtor that communicates with you effectively can make all the difference. Give me a call or email anytime if I can be of service to you.

Claudia Fisher
954-817-7238
cf@ClaudiaFisher.pro
RealtorĀ® | Kroll Realty Co
Is your home listed with a Realtor or are you just entertaining offers from buyers agents? This may be a big part of the challenge you are having. Give me a call if you are not currently working with a Real estate pro and I can show you how you can get the highest dollar amount for your property in the shortest amount of time with no stress!

Joseph Santini
Coldwell Banker
Broker Associate
561.400.1855
JoeSantini123@gmail.com
http://www.FloridaMoves.com/Joseph.Santini
There is lot's of blah blah blah in this business........welcome to our world...............:o)
Do not trust everything people are saying. Wait for a written offer.....ask for a feedback and you will know better what is happening. Good luck!
As some of the others say, it happens all the time. It's incredibly frustrating. And I really don't know why people do it.

But, as a result, I do know that talk is very cheap. Show me the money; show me a written contract. Anything short of that is meaningless and a waste of time.
Don Tepper, Real Estate Pro in Fairfax, VA
A verbal offer may be the beginning of a negotiation or it may not proceed. A written Offer to Purchase along with a prequalification letter or proof of funds is necessary to proceed. Your Realtor should be able to speak with the buyer's agent to determine what has happened.
A lot of times they speak before they think. They fall in love with your house and then later look at another one just to make sure and find another one they like better. That is only one example but the best thing to do is visit with the Realtor and find out why.
Sorry about your experience. Simply ask your agent (Realtor or real estate professional) for a feed back about the buyer. It should be easy for them to find out what happen. Your agent should have followed up and find out what was the reason why the buyer didn't go forward with writing an offer. Sometimes issues can be resolved.

Annett T. Block
http://www.FloridaConnectsInc.com
Sorry you had to go through this! I agree with Annette. Actually-
This behavior is quite common! So.... We don't recognize offers
as" Real" until Offers are Signed,Acceptable deposit recieved, all
appropriate "proofs"and /or representations presented! Unfortuneately
in todays world-verbal commitments can't be counted on!!

Best Advice: Never depend on "word" alone! Good Buyers are the
first to recognize the importance of a "Formal" offer ASAP. !
Experience can be the best teacher-Hopefully al who read this
can benefit from yours! Don't be negative-just firm and you'll be OK!
" Nothing written-Nothing gained"!

Bob Brubaker Highlight Realty Palm Beach County Fl. 561-876-6649
Web Reference: http://pbc-res.com
MK in 33432,
This is not uncommon. As a listing agent, nearly 40% of verbal offers (meaning a buyer or their agents says the buyer is going to make an offer) do not materialize into a written offer.
-
A real estate professional is stuck with a conflict.
Does the agent advise the seller of every 'verbal' indicated or protect the buyer by only presenting or advising of offers presented via a formal contract.
-
What ever choice the agent makes they will be blamed.
In comments such as your question.
Or in accusations the agent is withholding offers.
-
Have a chat with your agent and advise your agent if you DO or DO NOT want to have your chain jerked everytime an insincere buyer says, "I'm thinking of making an offfer" or "What's the lowest they will take?" or "Can I submit an verbale offfer?" or "Will the owner rent with option?".....you see the list goes on and on and on and on.
Hi, can You rephrase the question please, it's not clear what you are asking. Thank you.

Nitza Ramos
East Coast Realty Group
954-856-3156
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 1, 2013
I'm not sure I understand the question. Did someone make an offer on your home and not do something per the contract?
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 1, 2013