altrdair, Home Seller in Charlotte, NC

why did i not receive 3000 dollar relocation pay?

Asked by altrdair, Charlotte, NC Sat Jul 20, 2013

I was told that a lien was paid with my relocation mone

Answers

4
A preliminary HUD 1 Settlement Statement showing both the seller's and buyer's side of the deal should have been given to you about 24 hours before the closing date. Once examined by both parties and approved a primary HUD 1 Settlement Statement will distributed and signed by all parties.

Any recorded liens on a property will be disclosed during a title opinion search by an attorney in NC and disclosed to a seller, typically before a closing date.

If you were working with an agent you would have received these critical documents well before closing. If there was a recorded lien on the property the incentive in part or whole (depending on the agreement terms) would be allocated accordingly. I hope it has been resolved since your post.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jul 31, 2013
You received a copy of a form called a HUD1. This will list where all of the money went. Ask your escrow company for help explaining if you have any questions.

J.R. Thrasher
http://www.SanDiegoRealEstateVeterans.com
(619)929-0105
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jul 31, 2013
Was a lien paid? ...then there's your answer...
Check with the Title Company that handled the close of escrow and they should be able to explain where the funds went.