Terry Allen, Home Seller in Silsbee, TX

who is the largest home seller in southeast tx area, a real estate co. name please

Asked by Terry Allen, Silsbee, TX Tue Feb 5, 2008

in my area several real estate co's say they are the largest and sell the most homes in my area, southeast texas, who to believe?

Answers

10
Consider the following:

If agency 1 has 30 agents and sells 20 properties per month, and agency 2 has 10 agents who sell 15 properties per month, which is actually the most productive?

If one agent with agency 2 sells three properties per month, and the rest sell 1-2, which agency's agents will likely better serve participants in the market?

Biggest and most do not necessarily equate to best, and even the stats derived from the scenarios I painted above cannot provide a qualitative measure. It could be that the top producing agent has been at the business longer and has a referral network that keeps him/her busy. This does not necessarily equate to the agent doing a better job for you. A big part of becoming successful in this business is networking, and someone with "personality" does not need to be the "best"--though they will likely be very good too.

If you are shopping for a listing agency, the individual agent you interview will count more than the size or productivity of the agency. Interview several (at least 3) agents who are REALTOR members of the MLS. Ask them about their marketing plan, pricing and negotiating strategies, their referral network (this is where biggest counts) and compare the list of comparables they bring to the table.

Does their marketing plan include you--asking you to contact everyone you know to tell them about your move and asking them for any referral they can give? Does the agent intend to distribute fliers around your neighborhood the first week the sign goes up, and invite the neighbors to an open house the coming weekend? Since you live in a relatively small community, will the agent also distribute these fliers to the beauty salons, barber shops, restaurants, hardware shops and grocery stores in town?

Does the pricing strategy include buyer incentives? How do these buyer incentives fit into the bargaining strategy. Will the incentives fit into the price and your (reasonable) expectations without pricing your home over the "buyer threshold" or risking not appraising for the sales price?
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Apr 24, 2008
Terry,

Keller Williams Realty is not only the largest real estate company in numbers of agents, but also has the largest sharehold in Texas. I would be happy to forward news articles from the Business Journal and others. For years ReMax has been the big dog, but in 2007 Keller Williams surpassed them in volume and agent count. Makes sense, one goes with the other.

I started my career at Keller Williams then left for a few years to open a smaller company. When that company was bought out I moved back to Keller Williams because they are the best at what they do. NOBODY has the resources and training that KW has. Which is why our properties sell faster and for more money, and why we have the most listings and sales.

My office here in San Antonio on IH-10 has over 600 agents (of which I am in the top 20%). We have those numbers because agents are realizing that there is more to real estate than driving around looking at pretty houses. It's a business, and nobody knows more about the business of real estate than Gary Keller. He has published best sellers on the subject: The Millionmaire Real Estate Agent, The Millionaire Real Estate Investor and Flip; The Milloinaire Real Estate Investors Guide to Fliipping Properties

Some 2007 Keller Williams statistics.
74,962 agents
659 market centers (there are also hundreds os smaller offices)
$2,400,000,000 in gross commissions (which equals several trillion in sales volume)

When you look around understand that KW prints it's Gross Commissions. Most companies post thier Gross sales. The difference is that gross commissions are the ACTUAL numbers that come into the office, gross sales are not necessarily closed transactions. But of course BOTH of our numbers are substantially higher than anyone else.

Incidentally my uncle is Terry Allen in Rockport, Tx.

Please feel free to contact me regarding any questions you may have. I can refer some great agents in your area if you like. I hope this helps.

Tom Phillips
Realtor®
San Antonio, TX
210-857-2375
tomphillips@kw.com
http://www.tomphillipsrealtor.com

“Experience Makes the Difference”
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Feb 5, 2008
It is not the size of the company that matters, it is the dedication of a good agent that gets the job done. Kevin Reed Remax Beaumont.
Terry,
If you are looking for someone in Silsbee that would be me.
Letha Carpenter with ERA Team-REALTORS is the agent to call in Village Mills, TX or Wildwood.
She has an office in Village Mills on FM 3063. Call 409-658-6837 email: letha.realtor1@yahoo.com
my mom is trying to find a 5/bedroom house and 4/bath anda low price plzz hook us up call this number# 409-492-3309 plz SOON AS POSIBLE PLZZ
Austin, TX
Terry, I think that: Jimmy Smith/Broker
FLAIR REAL ESTATE
(409) 769-5495 office
(409)656-0133 cell
jimmy@flairrealestate.com
http://www.flairrealestate.com

is a number one seller's agent in the Silsbee area. He seems to be honest and I know he is extremely hard working and will get your home sold!

~Diana
Your local Real Estate Association has the statistics on listings bought and sold through the MLS and may be able to tell you which company ranked highest in total number of sales (transactions) and in total volume (dollars). Realtor Magazine is published by the National Assoc of Realtors and every July publishes lists of the top 100 firms. Our company listed #8 in the Nation in total number of transactions, but I'm not sure of the geographic area you consider to be southest Texas - here's the article: http://www.realtor.org/rmomag.nsf/files/0707_TOP100.pdf If the real estate assocation can't or won't provide you with the statistical information you wanted, you can try asking a local realtor to pull up and print that information from the MLS for you. Good luck.
I know exactly how you feel Terry... Everyone claims to be number one. There really isn't a number one in the SE area, there are hundreds and I really mean it hundreds if not thousands of Realtors in the area.

The name of the company is not what sells your house, it's the agent that you deal with since we are all independent contractors. A lot of brokers don't care less on how you conduct your business as long as they get their split. I know that I'll take some heat from my fellow agents about that but it's true.

Ask for a written commitment on their marketing plan to sell your house, what type of advertising? do they help stage the house? brokers open houses, and much much more...

Also, keep in mind that 97% of the time the agent that lists the house is not the agent that brings in a buyer. Your agent's job is to give exposure to your house and price it right.

I agree with Tom that experience makes a difference too.

Naima
Web Reference: http://www.sumnerrealty.com