Michael & Tr…, Home Seller in Western Springs, IL

which real estate co./agent sold the most homes/lots in Western Springs, Il in 2007

Asked by Michael & Trudy Kamper, Western Springs, IL Thu Dec 20, 2007

Which real estate company and sales person has sold the most homes and lots in Western Springs, Il in 2007? We are looking for an agent to sell our house/lot. Our lot is worth more than the house. It is 100frt-118deep-82back. One north of train station in Western Springs.

Answers

3
HI Michael,

One of our regular contributors(Ruth, where are you?) lives/lived in Western Springs and might be able to recommend a good real estate agent. She is not an agent, by the way, just knows lots of good ones.

Word of warning, though: Don't automatically assume the agent with the most signs in the area or the highest sales volume will always be the best agent. There are many factors that make a great agent, not just volume. Consider referrals, interview at least 3, ask some tough questions, and - above all - trust your instincts.

Here are some questions to consider:

How are you going to advertise my home?
How did you come up with my home's value?
Do you use photos in your advertising?
How much technology do you utilize in your marketing plan (i.e., web presence)?
Will you be at my closing?
What is your experience?
How often can I expect to hear from you during our relationship?
Will I be dealing with you directly, or a team member?
What is your commission?
What is the best way to prepare my home?

And don't be afraid to ask for references!

Best of luck.
Patti Pereyra, Real Estate Pro in Chicago, IL
This post has my recommendation letter that I wrote to Cathy:
http://www.trulia.com/voices/Home_Selling/How_can_customers_…

To whom it may concern:

You are so fortunate to have found Cathy Bier. We used her a few years ago to help us sell our La Grange Park home and she found us the perfect Western Springs home. I think of Cathy every time someone compliments us on our home. We would not be here today if it were not for her above and beyond effort. I hope I have thanked her enough and that she knows how much we appreciate what she did for us.

The reason I am writing this recommendation letter years later is because I have recently experienced a horrible agent and several mediocre agents in another area. Their mistakes have cost me thousands of dollars instead of saving me thousands of dollars. I interviewed several agents and asked hard questions. My knowledge of real estate is quite extensive and I'm a good judge of character. Most mediocre agents are sincere and likeable. Unfortunately, how skillful they are in the many aspects of their jobs is difficult to determine in an interview. You do not have to worry about that with Cathy. She is an EXCEPTIONAL REALTOR®.

Please feel free to call or email me for any more details or questions. The time I spend helping you pales in comparison to the time and help Cathy gave me. We will be forever grateful to Cathy because we do not plan to move from our perfect home.

Ruth
Web Reference: http://www.Oak-Park-IL.com
Ruthless, Other/Just Looking in 60558
Here I am!

I don't know for WS but my agent Cathy Bier was the #1 agent in LaGrange and she found me our home on Franklin a couple blocks North of the train when we moved from LGP on Brainard. Back then, she wasn't the top agent but had a long, strong reputation. We weren't looking at WS at all. We were looking at LG. After looking at dozens of homes and giving up to put an addition on our LGP home instead, she called and said, "I found your dream home." She was sooo right that I put a contract on it without my husband even seeing it. It was a multiple offer new listing situation and my hubby was out of town.

I've referred several people to her and all of them sold their homes with no trouble. I just talked with her today about the WS market. I also would feel comfortable asking her to find me a property that was NOT on the market or other networking type needs.

Give her a call and be sure to tell her I sent you.
Ruth
Ruthless, Other/Just Looking in 60558