Home Selling in Santa Ana>Question Details

Ed, Home Seller in north tustin,calif.

where is the best site to sell your house on line?

Asked by Ed, north tustin,calif. Wed Jul 23, 2008

Answers

20
If you have a true professional listing agent market your home, you have a better chance of netting more dollars even after you factor in the commission. A really good one will make sure that the home comes up on the various sites.
Rockin'.... iz that You?

?
Alan May, Real Estate Pro in Evanston, IL
While I agree with the others that the MLS is the best site for providing your home the maximum online exposure, you shouldn't discount the power of CraigsList. While you will have to update your listing every few days, it doesn't cost you anything to list your house. While I'm not condoning selling your home on your own (I've tried it twice w/ 2 different investment properties in the past, neither of which was successful), I would note that there are brokers in the LA/OC area who will list your home on the MLS, for a small fee (
Hi Ed,
A better way to look at it is where are the best sites. These days you really need a good agent who can get your home maximum exposure... everywhere. When we list a house we make sure it is on the MLS, so every other agent in town knows about it, as well as all the serious buyers. We also make sure it ends up on about 15 other websites, including Trulia, Zillow, Realtor.com, Yahoo, Google, Sothebyshomes.com (since we are sotheby's agents), our own website (which feeds the listing to several sites) and anywhere else possible.

Some companies limit which sites can be used to promote their listings because they have certain agreements with specific websites. We think it is important that if a buyer is looking they will find the listing no matter where they look. This way, if there is a buyer who is just looking on Trulia, for example, they will be sure to see your listing. On top of that make sure your Realtor is doing strong print advertising in local newspapers, and even advertising the listing to your neighbors, as they know the neighborhood well, might have friends or relatives who want to live there, and can be the best free advertising in town. Good luck with your listing!
Web Reference: http://www.keyserhomes.com
Welcome aboard.

I think you'll find Trulia to be a bit more open-minded than the wild-wild west, where you and I first met. It is a bit heavily Realtor-weighted, but there are a few firebrands here, and you'd be considered a welcome moderate.

:-)
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jul 24, 2008
If by "best" you mean, "most exposure", you should make sure your home is in the MLS so that it will end up on Realtor.com and all the other sites that pull their data from that source. The MLS is the most searched site, followed by everyone else.

The Web Reference below will show you some other ways to market your home.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jul 24, 2008
Hi Ed,

Many before me provided you with very good information. I agree with most of them. But remember in this market you need more than the best site to sell a home. Marketing begin when an agent hires a professional photographer to take pictures of your home(for MLS and Flyers) and continues while it show cases your home on the weekend open houses. Your home should be exposed to other agents in office meetings and many email flyers. So many thing your agent must explore to get you the best possible offer/price.

Homa
Broker Associate,
Prudential California Realty
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jul 23, 2008
Since this is the Trulia site, I'm sure they are hoping someone will say "Trulia!"

In reality, the MLS will offer the most exposure to qualified & motivated buyers who are actively looking for a home. In addition to the MLS, a good agent should be able to put your home on another 5 - 10 popular sites for added coverage. (Trulia, Zillow, GoogleBase, Yahoo, Realtor.com, etc.)

Good luck -
Web Reference: http://VickiLloyd.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jul 23, 2008
Ed,

The SITE with the greatest number of hits is by far realtor.com. Others are trulia, zillow, oodle, homes.com, harmon homes, propbot, bargainnetworks just to name a few. So these are the best sites to LIST your home.

The best way to SELL your home is to interview and hire an internet savvy, experienced, full time, aggressive, successful Realtor who will use all the above PLUS the local MLS data base.
Web Reference: http://www.waynefsmith.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jul 23, 2008
The very best site is the local MLS. You will have to use an agent to list your property. When interviewing you should ask them what other sites they use, and how they get the information to those sites. For example, Keller Williams agents also use a KW site which then automatically distributes the listing to several others, including Trulia and Zillow. Best of luck!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jul 23, 2008
Hi Ed,

By far, your local MLS would be the best in my opinion. It may also feed out to other portals.

Kind regards,

Arpad
Depends on where your house is located and what it is. A multi-million dollar house isn't going to find a buyer on Craigslist, and a 50,000 acre ranch won't reach the proper audience on an MLS.

Pick the right tool for the job.

Always check for local resources. A local realtor who knows the area, especially in a small town, probably has a lot of insight.

LandsofAmerica.com is great for rural properties, land, and properties with a lot of acreage. Most MLS don't convert sqft and acreage very well, and tend to focus on dwellings rather than land.

LandandFarm.com has property types, so it is great if you have a farm, equestrian property, hunting property, mineral rights, etc. that are a big feature associated with the land.

Zillow.com is excellent for general exposure and reaching a wide audience. A must for urban and suburban residential properties.

Craigslist.com is great for local and in area coverage. Don't expect a lot of reliable leads from here, but it will increase interest and is well worth the effort.

I hope that helps, good luck!
Hi Ed,

Your local MLS may be one of the top places you would want to be on.

Kind regards,

Arpad
Bid Your Way is a great place to sell almost anything for free.

Here is Bid Your Way website address http://www.bidurway.com/
For sale by owner.com We paid 1000 had the virtual tour and all realitora had access NO 6% fee prepare your home paint trim clean carpet stage if empty FOR SALE BY OWNER sold out home in 30 days Besides You get to show it You get to sell its qualities that you know best Good luck
MLS... simple as that. Hire an agent, and watch magic happen
I had a try at FSBO earlier this year.

I set up a Facebook page for my house with so buyers could contact me via Facebook. I got a few responses but ended selling with an agent. Best response I got was through the Property Booster website (i got about 50 likes all up).

There are a few sites for sellers who want to list their own homes online. http://www.forsalebyowner.com and http://www.byowner.com as well as craigslist.

The only problem with lising your home on these sites is that most qualified buyers are currently working with real estate agents, and agent typically show property that will pay them a commission. Knowing that over 85% of buyers start their home search online, I have a list of over 30 sites I use to sell homes for maximum exposure. If you would like to know more about the value of using a Realtor like me to sell your home, contact me.

Jeremy Lehman
Century 21 Beachside Realtors
(714)580-3274
Jeremy@LehmanHomes.net
Web Reference: http://www.LehmanHomes.net
Hi there Ed. I work and live in North Tustin and Santa Ana Area. It will take more than a website to sell a home in todays market. This will not work to your advantage. If you would like to know why this is I would be happy to meet and show it to you. If you are interested in getting the maximium for your home you need to have maximium exposure to attract multiple buyers which will turn into multiple offers for you to choose the best ones.
LAW OF MARKETING FOR ANY PRODUCT DICTATES EXPOSURE CREATES DEMAND , DEMAND CREATES PRICE

If you like more information on how you can do this frop me a line or even better call me. Oh I would put it on over 100 sites including Trulia and Realtor.com
Kind Regards
Michael Barron
Realtor/MBA
First Team Estates
michael-barron@sbcglobal.net
(714) 552-6817
Ed,

There are several "sites" to sell your home online, but remember you get what you pay for. I would also suggest that you use a local realtor to sell your home. With an mls listing your home would be exposed to most of these sites. If you concerned about commissions, give me a call and we can discuss your details and tailor something that will meet your needs.

Joe Homs
Realty Partners
joe@joehoms.com
949-625-4533
Web Reference: http://www.joehoms.com