Home Selling in Burke>Question Details

Seller, Home Buyer in Springfield, VA

when selling as is in Virginia do we need a separate document?

Asked by Seller, Springfield, VA Wed May 23, 2012

Answers

7

Based on your question and the answers that you had so far, they are all good. For my experience with Sellers that I successfully assisted to list their houses, some were regular folks whom had no idea about selling & listing the house, which option is best to use and some were savvy investors, whom bought and resale the house after renovation, each Seller has a unique goal and situation. I don't know which group of the two you are in, but understand what the Seller wanted and recommend the best solution to achieve the Seller's goal is what I do best since before I was become a licensed Real Estate Agent, I had 14 years of experience of working at the Home Depot and that had helped me tremendously when it comes to look at the house to analyze the pro and con of it's condition then to recommend the best option based on what you wanted to achieve. Bottom line is which option will bring back to you the most as you expected, selling AS IS or fix it up in some critical areas of the house to make it appealing to prospective Buyers since FIRST IMPRESSION is everything. I work with investors to help them to estimate the repair costs of an AS IS house to determine their net profit, so in your case, we need to discuss more in details so I would know your unique situation to give the right strategy of selling your house to maximize your chance to have the best offer. Like others had answered, as the Seller, you just need to let the Listing Agent know whether or not you wanted to list your home with AS IS condition in the listing. I can help you to analyze and to prepare for the selling of your home if you wanted to maximize its result. Thank you for the opportunity of answering your question and I stand by ready to assist you to reach your goal if the opportunity is given!

Best Regards and good luck,

RealtorBCpic2.jpgTony Phi Nguyen, CDPE, SFR
Realtor®, Business Broker®, Licensed in Virginia
Certified Distressed Property Expert®
NVAR Multi-Million Dollar Sales Club
Westgate Realty Group, Inc.
7389 Lee Hwy., Suite 103
Falls Church VA 22042
Office: 703-208-9999
Direct: 571-331-1255
Fax: 703-208-9997
Email: luckytony@mris.com
Dear Seller:

To have your house listed on the market you do not need an additional AS-IS document, there is a para in the listing agreement which addresses that. However, when you accepts an offer it must have AS-IS addendum attached.
I totally agree with Erik that AS-IS properties sell for less than those which are not. My team have helped many sellers clients with properties which needed work without using an AS-IS clause and have negotiated on the repairs when the buyer has asked for them. In my experience having your house listed as AS-IS may raise a red flag to many potential buyers who may not see the property thinking there is a major repair.
I would suggest you should hire an experience and knowledgeable Realtor who can visit your house and listen to your concerns understanding why you would like to sell your house AS-IS and help you though the process to make the sale of your house worry and stress free experience for you.
I hope this information is helpful to you!!
please feel free to contact me if you have any other question or concern.

Faiza Alvi - Realtor®
Prince William Realty, Inc.
703-389-7973 (Direct)
703-580-9995 (Fax)
http://www.house2homeva.com
PWAR Million Dollar Club - 2011

I believe:
Real Estate is about building relationships
& serving clients with honesty, integrity & passion.
My colleagues do well in answering your question.

I however, must ask you a question..why sell as is? In most cases an as-is sale will net you alot less money. My team and I have taken quite a few sellers thinking of selling as is and made it a regular sale thus putting more $$ in the sellers pocket.

If this is of interest to you..feel free to contact me.

Kind Regards,

Erik J. Weisskopf, ABR,CDPE,CRS,GRI
Re/Max Distinctive Real Estate, Inc.
Erik@AskMeAboutHomes.com
703.216.1222
Hi, Seller,

If you are using a licensed real estate broker who is also a Realtor ( the two are not the same ) to sell your home, you need to put into the Listing Agreement that you wish to do so. Glen is correct, as far as he goes, but, I think that if you wish to be free of all implied habitability warranties that may exist under common law, then I would put the requirement for an AS IS sale into the listing agreement. So, Seller, the short answer is that, as a seller, you don't need an additional document to begin the process. You will have to make sure that your selling broker only accepts contracts with an as-is addendum properly attached and executed to your satisfaction ( timing of the as-is clause may allow for a home inspection ).
The most recent NVAR Contract has removed most of the warranty provisions. If you truly would like to sell as-is where-is you should add an As-Is clause or addendum to remove other seller responsibilities. I can provide you with a courtesy copy if you contact me directly.
info@virginiamls.com
Hi Seller,

When a home owner is selling their home in Virginia, that contract will need to include a Sales Contract Contingencies/Clauses Addendum. In that addendum there is a paragraph that deals with "as-is" property condition.

If I can be of further help please let me know.

Take Care,
Diane

Diane Miller, Realtor®
Licensed in Virginia
GRI, ABR

6820 Elm Street Suite 100
McLean, VA 22101
O) 703-636-7320
C) 703-309-3555
Fax) 703-636-7301

diane.myrealtor@gmail.com

Redefining Excellence in Customer Service and Business Integrity
Call me. I would be happy to share as much information as possible.
Jessie
703 843-7944