Home Selling in Ogle County>Question Details

Ahopefulmom, Home Seller in Ogle County, IL

when selling a house in an estate is an agreement for warranty deed and a sell agreement the same thing?

Asked by Ahopefulmom, Ogle County, IL Wed Apr 13, 2011

Answers

3
By "sell agreement" I assume you mean a sales contract. If so, a sales contract is an agreement to exchange a property, and it is also a means to obtain a deed, a warranty deed being the best. The deed shows ownership to a property.

I'm not sure what by a "consent to petition for leave to sell real estate." This sounds like it has something to do with the handling of the estate. Are you an heir to the estate? If so, I recommend you contact a probate attorney who can help you navigate this complicated area.
Thanks for the response. We have no broker, it is being by the estate to buyer. With your information I don't think I should sign consent to petition for leave to sell real estate. Right?
The sell agreement is between you and the listing agent/broker. The warranty deed is usually something with the title company.