Ram Mundrati, Home Buyer in West Orange, NJ

when is the good time to sell my house located in morris plains nj 07950?

Asked by Ram Mundrati, West Orange, NJ Sun Nov 4, 2012

it was rented till 2011 for 10 years.

Answers

5
Ram, I will be in my office by noon tomorrow (Monday). Please call me so we can talk about what you are trying to accomplish.

Mary
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 11, 2012
Ram,

It's not about the market...it is about you. What are your goals, and why do you want to sell the house. Are you living in the house? Is it an investment property? Is it rented out? It is all about you...I would like to meet with you and learn about what you are trying to accomplish before I tell you whether it is a good time to sell the house. It may be the best time to sell it...to accomplish your trade-up goals, or honestly, if it is a good investment property, rents are at a high....and maybe you want to keep your tenants in there. If it is vacant, then maybe there is some assessment that needs to be done. I'm not suggesting you engage in price gouging, but really, there is going to be a lot more demand for rentals over the next short period of time, and maybe that gives you the opportunity to do some other kinds of assessments. It's just not an easy answer right, and nobody can give you an answer without meeting you and really understanding your goals. I hope I have the opportunity to meet with you...please come into the office (where we have heat and light and coffee!)

Mary
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 4, 2012
Greetings Ram,

From my experience, the demand for housing in Morris Plains has been consistent even after the 2008 Mortgage Meltdown. I think depending on the condition of your home and if you recently did any upgrades, you should be able to walk away with a nice profit. If you require further assistance, let me know.

Best wishes to you.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 4, 2012
Hi Ram

The market in the Essex/Morris County area has been doing well in the past few months/

Is the house vacant now?

What I suggest you do is at least find out what the home is worth in today's market.
If you no longer want to rent it out (or live in it) then there is no reason not to try selling it, and no sense waiting.
Often people say to wait "for the Spring market", but there are buyers who come along every day, so if your need/desire is to sell....go ahead.

If you have owned the home for at least 10 years, then you should be in a good position to sell and make a profit.
As far as the actual timing - if it is empty and not generating money, then why wait?
You never know when a buyer will come along.

Of course, with more specific information, I could offer more specific advice!

Please feel free to reach out to me - my office is next door in Livingston!

Best wishes...........

Debbie Rose
Prudential NJ Properties
email: Debbie.Rose@PrudentialNewJersey.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 4, 2012
Hi Ram

A good time to sell is when the right buyer shows up. Which could be anytime.
When you are ready to sell there will always be a buyer.
Have you had a market analysis done yet?

Let me know if I can help in anyway
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 4, 2012
CMA is not done. I am doing some repairs after that I will let you know so that you can do the CMA. Thanks Ram
Flag Sun Nov 4, 2012