Aubre Doyle, Home Seller in Upper Saint Clair, PA

when is the best time to put your house up for sale? In the spring? What month?

Asked by Aubre Doyle, Upper Saint Clair, PA Wed Jan 28, 2009

Answers

14
Aubre
Are you planning to buy a home after you sell?
It sounds to me as though you need someone to analyze the entire move...selling and buying.

Just answering your post, the only market that we know is the current market. Due to the economic uncertainties if I HAD to sell, I would get my home in the very best condition possible, hire the very best Realtor I could find, focus on offering and exposing as much value to the market as possible.

Then I would go for it.

Rockin' and I agree...sell immediately.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jan 28, 2009
Keith Sorem, Real Estate Pro in Glendale, CA
I like February. You wont have as much competition as you would in the spring.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jan 28, 2009
Best Time to sell....
"Right Now"!, there is a short supply of housing inventory and buyers are out there waiting for new homes. I wouldn't wait....
Hi Aubre, Speak with your lender so he can keep you informed when the interest rates are low and the mortgage programs are available for first time buyers, this is when to put your home on the market. The buyers are out there now, this would be a good time for you. Good Luck
To be truthful, you never know. I suggest right now, because those buyers who are qualified and looking now, are ready to make an offer, and probably close in the spring. Figure on roughly 60 days from the actual signed agreement is when you would close on the house sale. I would be happy to meet with you and do a market analysis on your home. As you know, the Upper St. Clair school district is desirable. I grew up in Mt. Lebanon, and took piano lessons in Upper St. Clair. If I can be of any help or answer any questions, call my cell at 412-670-1366. My office is Prudential 412-521-5500 ext 325 . Ellen Livingston
The best time to sell a house on this market is when the interest rates are down. If you are selling a house to buy a replacement home, don't overprice your house, rather underprice it so you can get several offers... This will give you the best possible price the market can support. Then go get even with the next seller. Good Luck
I think that any time is a good time to put your house on the market. Just remember have it looking as perfect and ready to sell as you can and make sure your realtor markets it fully.
Aubre,No time like the present,Spring is a myth,If priced right,Youll have less competition out there,for a couple months.Good luck.

Regards;

TJ
Web Reference: http://tjroberts.remax.com
Aubre,

Well you sure are getting many responses to your question and my best advise is to hire a top Realtor in Upper St. Clair who will price correctly and market you home on my different website and work with other brokers in the community.

Are you relocating or looking for another type of home or condo in the area. I would love to preview your home and discuss your real estate needs. Upper St. Clair continues to be a market in strong demand and there are always buyers looking in your area. If I may assist with any questions please don't hestite to contact me directly to disucss your needs.

Liz Caplan
Coldwell Banker Realtor,
Pittsburgh, PA
http://www.Pittsburghhomesite.com
Aubre:

Spring is definitely the best time to list. More buyers are in the market and homes show better when the weather breaks and landscaping starts turning green again :)
Depends on where you are located. We always recommend putting the house on when there is the lowest amount of inventory. You are competing with less properties, and takes advantage of the law of supply and demand. Good Luck, and Happy Selling. Warmest Regards, Eric & Janelle
Hi Aubre,

Thanks for your question. The best time to list your home is as early in the spring as possible. The longer you wait to list your home the more competition you will have later in the spring.

Interest rate have stayed low and there are many buyers looking now who plan to move in June! With more properties on the market right now and it's taking some homes longer to sell so allow time. and make sure it shows well. I hope this help and good luck.

Liz Caplan
Coldwell Banker Pittsburgh
Or maybe right after the Steelers get their butts kicked.
Now, now, and now! Seriously now!