chillinangri…, Home Seller in Wilmington, NC

what percentage of a Listing agents/ co sell a home?

Asked by chillinangrillin01, Wilmington, NC Wed Feb 13, 2013

Answers

2
Hi, I hope you are doing well and yes I would agree with Jay that it does need to be clarified a bit. It is a very small percentage where the listing agent is also the seller sub-agent or a dual agent in the transaction. But with our current shortage of inventory I have seen within the past few months as this market shifts that the quantity is higher where the listing agent also brings forward the buyer. There are a lot of reasons that come into play with the primary one being the price point.

Keep in mind that as one of the top agents in the area that I show a lot of my own listings but it comes down to being the right fit for the buyer at the end of the day. Your listing agent should be showing it a lot because that of course means that they are doing ample marketing to get the property out there rather than sitting back and waiting on the MLS to generate buyers.

If you would like to talk to any of my sellers or buyers at any time about how I work for them then just let me know. Thanks

Jeff Lesley
910-297-7071
JLesley@Century21Sweyer.com
Your question needs to be rephrased or clarified. Are you asking how often listing agents bring a buyer to the table themselves and sell the home? Or are you asking what percentage of homes are sold by what percentage of the agent pool? For the former I'd say 5% of the time a listing agent brings a buyer to the table independently of a buyer agent. And for the latter I'd say the top 5% of agents do 70% of the transactions.
Jay, for me, your second sentence paraphrases the question being asked. A person selling a home needs to recognize that the agent picked to represent the sale is widely recognized and highly respected by other agents in the area pool. As with all humanoid groups (animals ones too!) there is an established pecking order. A selling owner needs to identify an agent in the top tier of this order, since when this agent's flyer hits the other agents' desks, it doesn't immediately hit the trash can along with most of the rest. I'm not talking here of the colorful brochure often found on a table in the house up for sale. Rather the agent to agent flyer that is often unseen or even unknown of by the client. Then there is the talk that goes on between agents. When a top-tier agent speaks, others are more inclined to take note of what's being said. The top agents? Obviously those with most listings/sales in the price bracket of the selling owners home.
Flag Wed Apr 24, 2013