Home Selling in Winchester>Question Details

Kat, Home Seller in Winchester, CA

what % over market value can I sell my home? Riverside county valued our home at $197000 for taxes. Would this be the high value? Kat

Asked by Kat, Winchester, CA Tue Sep 7, 2010

Answers

11
You're likely to sell your home for much higher than assessed value. You could get a quick estimate on your home's value at http://www.GuaranteedSale.com website. You just need to enter the address of the home and specify condition and confirm number of bedrooms. It will give you a pretty accurate estimate. Even better is to contact a local agent for a valuation.
Oops. I made a typo. It is http://www.GuaranteedSale.com
Flag Sun Jul 14, 2013
Hi Kat,
The "assessed Value of your home is done by the county tax assessor and can be way off.
You can easily have a local Broker agent who has the knowledge, help you with the value of you home.
It's free.
In Fact on most broker websites, like mine, have a simple form you can fill out and you can receive the value of you home online within a short time.
RE % over market value,... usually homes sell at Market value.
You should really prepare yourself to sell your home at market value. If it sells above, consider yourself lucky.
Is selling your home above market value a huge concern?
Is there a reason you need to sell it for more?
In trying to do sell it over value, you may end up not selling it at all.
Are you upside down in your home?
Call me or anyone of us agents or brokers on here locally to help you with your situation.

Harold Sharpe - Broker
So Cal Homes Realty
(951) 821-8211
harold@socalhomesrealestate.com
http://www.socalhomesrealestate.com
California Department of Real Estate License # 01312992
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Sep 8, 2010
This question was posted on Sept 7, 2010.
Kat has very likely discovered the tax value is irrelevant without other leveragable data.
Lots of good answers already given - If you haven't listed your home yet, give us a call. Prices are up in Winchester and we have Buyers looking in the area!

Kevin McLaughlin, Broker Owner
Berkshire West Realty
951-375-0367
Hi Kat-
All of these are great answers. BEFORE you get that comparative market analysis (CMA), make sure your home is in top-notch condition so that your home compares to the best in your area. A Professional Home Stager can help you with identifying helpful changes, at a minimal cost, that will help increase the value of your home.
Happy Selling!
Sue Cope
HSR Certified Professional Home Stager
http://www.stunningstaging.com
Serving Southern Riverside and North San Diego Counties
I completely agree with Keith. I have done a lot of business in Winchester area and can assist you in this for free. Please feel to contact me 951-684-4881 or candcreo@earthlink. No obligation to you we can do everything over the phone or email.
Hello Kat, all good answers here. Your best bet is to consult with a local expert to get a true estimation of your homes value. Let me know if you'd like to schedule a free, no obligation, no hassle meeting. I understand when selling your home, it's about you and your home.

All the best!

Ryan Smith
951.595.7490
Hi Kat,

The Riverside County value may be their estimate based on 2009 Tax Year. Prices have increase in value since then as a result of a higher buyer demand. It may be a good idea to evalue the home sales over the past couple of months and what is currently for sale in your neighborhood.
If your home is in turn key condition, then you will have a positive impact on potential buyer that will be willing to pay a little more as long as the home appraises in value.
Let me know if I can be of further help.
Kat: The County of Riverside Tax Assessors office recently did a blanket re-assessment to lower all property values due to the fact that values in our County dropped so much. It was easier for them to devalue all properties at once as it would have been impossible to do each property as they were all devalued across the board.

The amount showing on your tax bill is only an estimate and in order to find your best sales price you must determine what the recent sold comparables are in your area.

Prices are going up slightly and there is a lot of demand for the Winchester area right now especially if your home is located in the Temecula School District area.

~~~
Web Reference: http://www.soreal.biz
Kat,
I am going to try this a different way.

A property's fair market value is defined by the price a willing, able, and knowledgeable buyer will pay, and a motivated seller will agree.

There a different kinds of value. Market value is the price at which it will sell, which is based on local market conditions - how many homes, like yours, are on the market when you put yours up for sale will determine in large part your home's market value.

Appraised value is based on closed sales. Usually it takes 30-45 days to sell a home, another 30-45 days to close, so that means that most of the homes that are used by appraisers actually sold 90 days before.

According to your Trulia market data (see link ) the average price for homes sold per square foot went UP 9.3% compared to 12 months ago. That means that if an appraiser uses previous home sales as their basis, it is possible that those homes will UNDER value your home by a few percentage points, because it appears that your market area values are going UP.

Good luck. Ask a Realtor for a Fair Market Value analysis.
Keith Sorem, Real Estate Pro in Glendale, CA
The tax value has no correlation to the current market price of your home. You would need to have an agent do a CMA on recent sales in your area. Please feel free to contact me if you would like me to provide you with one.

My contact information can be found at my website link below