Home Selling in Palm Springs>Question Details

Thomasina Mi…, Home Buyer in 11735

what might i expect to pay a realtor for a house selling in farmingdale, ny for around $489,000?

Asked by Thomasina Michalik, 11735 Sat Jan 14, 2012

Answers

5
Commissions are negotiable but make sure you interview at least 3 local realtors who specialize in your area. If you need assistance here looking for a home in th desert or if you need a referral for a great realtor in your area let us know. We are here to help. Best of luck.
Commissions are negotiable and not set by law, whether here in Palm Springs or in Farmingdale NY. I would suggest interviewing a few agents working in the specific neighborhood where the home is located. Not all agents are equal. Interview the agent, don't worry so much about the company they work for, that's just a name.

Ask to see samples of their advertising plan and what they've done to market past listings. If you find an agent you like here on Trulia you can always have them do the agent research for you and make a referral.

Ed Brophy
REALTOR®/Owner
Desert Realty
(760) 844-3736
Web Reference: http://www.edbrophy.com
Straigfht forward answers below are good. I would also make the best use of the time you take to interview the agent you wish to represent you. It is about the money but not JUST about the money. You need to be working with someone whose credentials and attitudes you have researched and respect.

Over the course of time, with your transaction, you may need to follow their advice even though you disagree with them. So, be sure you both can work together, through thick and thin, before you make the commitment John talks about. It's a good partnership between you and your agent that will help make your sale successful.
Commissions are negotiable.When you are interviewing agents, make sure that they have a written commitment to you about what they will do to market your home and the expectations about regular follow up. I give my client an out with a 30 day notice. This give me a chance to correct the problem, if there is a percieved or real one. If the agent is not doing their job....they should be fired.

John Sloan
Palm Springs, CA
760-898-1724

http://www.JohnSloanSellsHomes.com
Commissions are totally negotiable and we are not allowed to post commissions in this venue. Contact a few local Realtors, meet with them and ask them for their commission structures.
.