Donna, Real Estate Pro in 48629

what is the realtors commission for leased space?

Asked by Donna, 48629 Thu Apr 15, 2010

If I find a renter for lease space, and I am a licensed realtor, what is my commission?

Answers

2
Christine Moscinski’s answer
As an agent you submit your commission agreement and typically it is a dollar amount per square foot. So if the space for lease to Tenant is $5.00 psf typically commission is $1-$3 per lease term/extention renewals are different and must be negotiated as well in the LOI.

The Leasing Broker and you as the co-broker (you are bringing the Tenant) must sign this agreement or include it in the LOI. It also depends if it is commercial or retail space, there is a difference.

Typically commission is paid 50% at lease execution and 50% at Tenant move-in.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Oct 28, 2010
Donna,

It depends on what the L/A has put as the split.

Here, we have some that are "flat" fee's for the 12 month lease. No monies after that regardless of how long the initial lease is signed for.

I've seen some from $200 up to 5% for a 12 month lease. Really depends on what the owner wants to pay for the commission.

Web Reference: http://www.weberhomes.info