Home Selling in New Milford>Question Details

Joy, Home Seller in Connecticut

what is the current market for a seller with a candlewood lake home with super lake views?

Asked by Joy, Connecticut Fri Aug 3, 2007

Answers

10
Hi Joy,

Candlewood has some great properties. The market depends on your specific property, price, the views etc. There are markets within markets so I would need to get some more information specific to the property like what side of the lake etc. I can then take a quick look at the market for you.

George Antonopoulos
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
Madison, CT 06443
800.759.6936
Joe, you are warning Joy about yourself. HA HA HA... That is funny.

I know CT somewhat and I know that your zip code is in New Haven or East Haven both of those towns are very far away from Candlewood Lake (Danbury). Your poor plead for business is pathetic.

As a buyer I find the answers below seem helpful in any market.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 10, 2007
Hi Joy! Thanks for your inquiry. As George indicated below, the current market for a Candlewood Lake home with super views would depend on a lot of specific criteria. There are many lake communities and some of them are highly desirable. I would say that one thing that buyers for lake community property are considering is not only views, but dock access., beach rights and the cost of the common charges. I'd be happy to let you know what homes in your neighborhood have been selling for and any other information you might find helpful. Once you think the time is right, I'd also be happy to share a free, no obligation market analysis of your home. If you like, feel free to post some other specifics to see if I can provide a more detailed response to your inquiry that you might find more useful.
Web Reference: http://melissapeet.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Nov 6, 2007
Upper $500's. It may be low but the area is not doing as well as where I live now.
Hey Joy,

I specialize on Candlewood lake, super lake views are a great thing, that will surely give you great marketability. Other things that will affect the 'market' of your home is access to the water and condition of your house. The lake is always in demand, and while it has been hit by the 'economic' downturn, there is still a decent amount of turn over.
I would like to post an to sell my condo unit in the New Milford area.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 11, 2012
Depends on the location in New Milford. A lake view is a huge plus. Best bet to is run a general CMA through listingbook.com. If you do not have a listing book account, you can sign up via my site and run a CMA. Otherwise, contacting an agent and allowing them to review your property would be another good start. It is hard to say because the price depends on too many factors. If you want to run your own CMA, click on the below link.

http://www.lauramarie.listingbook.com/?&page=home
Hi, Candlewood Lake is very big....depending on what town you are looking in and what kind of home you are looking for. Living in Danbury and being a boat owner as well, some of the homes are incredible. For a very general answer you are looking at a fair price on the mid $600,000 for a nice home with Great views.
Spring time is also the best time to sell.

Rose DiCiacco Realtor w/ Coldwell Banker
Danbury, Ct
Joy,
Beware of agents travelling outside their marketplace...ask of your next sales agent their level of familiarity with the town, lake, and most importantly their marketing plan if you were to list with them. Let's email outside this website you will be impressed with my sales resume and the productivity of my office. yourfamilysrealtor@yahoo.com
Joe
Boy George! Selling from Candlewood Lake all the way to Madison, CT? You do know that gas will be consistently over $3.00/gallon. Only so much sevice to provide, you know?