Lake7407, Home Seller in 10314

what is the best way to sell a cape in westerlegh?

Asked by Lake7407, 10314 Wed Apr 20, 2011

my mother in law has been trying to sell her 4 bedroom 2 bathoo,m detached cazpe for about 10 months with over 60 showings and no luck...she can not take care of this big house anymore because of health reasons....what can she do to get rid of the house faster?

Answers

5
The #1 reason a home doesn't sell is price.Take a look at your listing price. Are similar homes priced lower? Selling prices may have changed since your first comparative market analysis. Chances are good that you've overpriced it. If you do lower your asking price, consider a figure slightly below those of other comparable homes if you are interested in a quick sale. Condition may be the problem. Is the house clean? Are there pet odors? stains? Are the appliances clean? Is the bathroom spotless? Is the home cluttered? How about the kitchen? Any signs of water damage can be a huge turn-off to potential buyers. Can you see a water spot on the ceiling? The leak might have been fixed 15 years ago, but if the evidence is still there, buyers will assume there's still a problem. Have you hired a full time sales agent? A good agent will help you set a fair and competitive selling price for your home that will increase your odds of a quick sale.
Hi I live in westerleigh, there is usually more the one reason why a house might not sell. In today's market I am getting 2 ,3 offers on properties at a time. if the house is in market range and you get feed back from all these potential buyers the house should sell. Call me I'll take a look. Thanks
Your previous question is very similar which I responded to as well as others here. There are many factors, but without anyone seeing the house and evaluating it, there is no real answer as to what can she do to get rid of it faster. You really need to find out what those people thought when they came to see it. What didn't they like about it that made them not put an offer? When you get common answers like...the price is too high, the house needs too much work etc..., then you pretty much have the answer. So the question would be then...what are you going to do about it to make people more interested in buying it? Without seeing it for ourselves, it's tough to answer your question other than that.

Dorene Marino
RealEstateSINY.com
646.270.0112
Hi Lake7407, there are many variables to the question of a home being on the market for such a long time. If your mother in law is working with an agent, you should ask these questions to him/her directly; if she is not working with an agent call me and I can help sought out the question WHY? Just a hint some of the major reasons are Price, Marketing, Visibility and What commission incentives are offered out to other agents. It is highly recommended that the home be on the MLS system so that every agent on Staten Island is aware of it! I hope this helps, if you need further assistance please don't hesitate to call me directly.

Bill 917-803-7019
Call me? Lol ...Seriously....the first step would be to work with a Realtor. The second one be to make sure your priced accordingly to market value. After that, would be to analyze the marketing tools that are used to get to a successful closing.

If you have any questions, please let me know .
Web Reference: http://Www.isellsihomes.com