Lake7407, Home Seller in 10314

what is the best way to get a cape 1 family detached in westerlegh?

Asked by Lake7407, 10314 Wed Apr 20, 2011

my mother in law has been trying to sell her house for 10 months now with over 60 showings and no luck....4 bedroom 2 bathroom cape......she is unable to take care of this big house alone because health reasons.

Answers

8
Dear concerned home seller,

I see that you have gotten some pretty good advice from local realtors and outsiders as well. You have gotten 60 showings? That’s amazing. Price, location and condition are very strong and important factors, I believe that equally important is marketing. How the home is positioned in front of potential buyers is key. It was mentioned by one of the realtors that there are 47 detached homes for sale in Westerleigh, so how can we differentiate your home to make it stand out from the crowd? Real estate business has changed in many ways since only five years ago, unfortunately not many real estate companies were able to change with it.
If your mother in law’s home has not sold yet and you’d like a second opinion and recommendations, I will be more than happy to offer a free consultation.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Apr 23, 2011
I deal with Westerleigh a lot and I absolutely love the area, however, based on my experience, if your mom has had many showings and no one has made an offer, there is definitely an issue which your agent ( if she has one) should be discussing with her. Westerleigh is a great area to sell a home as it is very desirable for people who commute to Brooklyn and Manhattan. If the house is priced right based on condition and location it should sell fairly quick.. Having showings doesn't mean it's going to sell and obviously it hasn't, but why? If she has an agent, then that agent should be getting the feedback from all the people who have shown the house. That's when you get a pretty good idea why no one has made an offer. Feedback is extremely important! There's too much to say for this forum, so if you'd like to discuss this further, feel free to call.

All the best
Dorene Marino
RealEstateSINY.com
646.270.0112
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Apr 20, 2011
Please contact me when your listing expires and I will discuss every detail with you regarding the sale of your home.
There are apparent issues that need to be addressed.
Cathy Greco
Licensed Associate Broker
Defalco Realty
718 605-9300
Many agents here have already offered answers to your question about why your mother in law has not received any offers on her home. One of the ways to determine what variables are contributing to the lack of offers is to walk through the home and see what the buyers are seeing as they walk through. What price the home is being offered at and all the details about the home should be known before determining why there has been no offers. If the home is priced correctly and is given exposure to the market it should sell.

I checked this morning and there are currently 47 detached one family homes a buyer can look at in Westerleigh the prices are ranging from $339,000 to $745,000. Seven of those homes are listed as capes prices range from $389,000 (4Bed) to $689,000. In today’s market buyers have more to look at than ever before. Perhaps one of those buyers will come back to your mother in laws house to take a second look after looking around a little more.

If your mother in law is not listed with an agent. Please pass on my contact information to her. I don’t know if your mother in law is a senior but one of the designations I hold (SRES) it is geared toward seniors.

Senior Real Estate Specialists help seniors make wise decisions.
We have access to a special free Senior Housing report. The report title is: It’s not what you sell it for, but what you get to keep that counts. This report answers the 15 most frequently asked questions mature property owners have.

The very best of Good Luck with the sale.
Hi Lake7407, there are many variables to the question of a home being on the market for such a long time. If your mother in law is working with an agent, you should ask these questions to him/her directly; if she is not working with an agent call me and I can help sought out the question WHY? Just a hint some of the major reasons are Price, Marketing, Visibility and What commission incentives are offered out to other agents. It is highly recommended that the home be on the MLS system so that every agent on Staten Island is aware of it! I hope this helps, if you need further assistance please don't hesitate to call me directly.

Bill 917-803-7019
There are 3 primary elements to selling a home - price, condition and location. It seems very unusual that a home would have 60 showings and no offers in this market. Ask your agent for an updated Market Analysis.
Hi, two important factors you want to consider, how are you marketing the home? Is the home over priced? Sixty showings isn't terrible but you must have gotten enough feedback to figure out what the problem is. Consider using an agent otherwise make sure you are taking full advantage of how buyers search, the internet. Look to see what homes in your area have sold for the past 3-6 months and use that as a guide for pricing. Also factor in condition, location, and amenities.

Christopher Pagli
Licensed Associate Broker
Accredited Buyer Representative
GREEN Designated Agent
William Raveis Legends Realty Group
914.406.9023
Does your mother in law have an agent, if so what is he/she suggesting; if not, it may be time to consider the idea--in today's market pricing and marketing that maximize exposure are paramount; review comps with your agent, recently sold similar properties in the immediate area, see what the data suggests and price accordingly and competitively; also review marketing and adjust accordingly; do keep in mind that a home is worth what someone is willing to pay for it; it doesn’t matter what the seller needs or potential buyers can afford to spend; market conditions do matter as does the immediacy for a transaction to take place....