Home Selling in Lake Oswego>Question Details

Karin, Other/Just Looking in Lake Oswego, OR

what is the average time for the sale of a home in lake oswego, oregon? Thanks.

Asked by Karin, Lake Oswego, OR Fri Oct 24, 2008

Answers

6
Angie Matteri’s answer
It just depends on the price range, location, and condition of your home in Lake Oswego. We have homes that are selling in as little as a week, and others that are taking months. A lot of it has to do with how motivated you the seller is to sell your home, and what compromises you might be willing to make. That being said, there is no time like the present for getting it up and on the market. With interest rates at historic lows, there ARE buyers out there. Your home just needs to be priced that will compell them to take a look and make an offer. An agent who knows Lake Oswego will be able to sit down with you and offer you a price range of what houses similar to yours are selling, and how long it is taking. Going into the transaction with a game plan is key. Good luck!
Hello Karin,
It depends upon the price point of the home as well as the area and condition of the home which has a lot to do with total market time. I personally call it supply and demand. If you would like a market report regarding your home feel free to contact me.

John Biniewski, CSP
Broker
John L. Scott
503-968-3918 direct
503-701-0669 cell
jbiniewski@johnlscott.com
Web Reference: http://www.nworegonrmls.com
Karin
You ask a great question. While it's been many years since I lived in Portland I was up a few weeks ago and it is a beautiful area.

In any market there are actually two sub-markets. 20% of listings usually sell within 30 days. Those listings are prepared for market, marketed in a way that maximizes their value to buyers, and sell closest to asking price. 80% of the listings are over-priced, not prepared for market, and show less value to buyers. In my MLS listings at 30 days sell for 99.7% of asking price, versus at 120 days selling for 92.7% of asking price.

So if you are thinking of putting your home on the market, where would you like to be- the 20%!
I would be happy to arrange for you to interview a top Realtor Lake Oswego if that would be helpful. I recommend interviewing a few top agents, then compare their proposals, and you can select the one that best meets your needs.

Keith Sorem, Real Estate Pro in Glendale, CA
Hello Karin,
Naturally this does depend on the price of the home. Homes that are above the median price, in a given area, can take longer to sale, ie; $300K homes sell faster typically than million dollar homes. The location and condition of the home also has a lot to do with total market time. The RMLS of Portland's Market Action Report ending Sept 2008 (most recent), shows that Lake Oswego and neighborhing West Linn have a total market time (this factors in houses that sell in a few days and houses that are on the market for months) of 188 days on average. I hope this was helpful.
Robin Weisgerber
Licensed Oregon Realtor
Keller William Realty - SW Portland
Mobile: 503-481-3234
Email: Robin@WiseTeamRealEstate.com
A 3-month sample of Lake Oswego sales shows an average of 176 days from initial listing to date of accepted offer. The average sale was $733,500 during that period.
Hi - I just checked the current Market Action Report from RMLS - and it looks like 188 days from listing to close of escrow.

Click on the Web References Link to see the entire report and find out how you compare to the entire Metro area.

Let me know if I can help with anything else.

Kelly Gebler
Real Estate Broker & Residential/Commercial Loan Specialist
Commonwealth Group & Sunset Mortgage Co.
503-516-1637