Aaron, Both Buyer and Seller in Sterling, VA

what is the average time a townhouse is on the market to sell in sterling?

Asked by Aaron, Sterling, VA Tue Jan 29, 2008

Answers

3
Our statistics show for Loudoun County, Average Days on Market: 123
Sterling 20164 is 149
Sterling 20165 is 113
Sterling 20166 is 52
All based on SOLD properties for January 2008.
For the Zip Code 20166; the Average in December was 113. While this is high; Days on the Market is often about Price, location, condition of the property and marketing.
Some homes sell in a couple of weeks; others in the area can take close to a year.
Having the correct price is key.

If you would like to discuss selling and how to price your home; please contact me at 703-244-3971 or at Jim@JimDowning.com

It depends on how you price and market your home.

About a third of all town homes in Sterling sell within the first 30 days on the market. That is because they are priced correctly.

The remainin two-thirds sit on the market until they fianlly adjust their price to the point where an offer comes over and they sell their property.

To give you an example of how the market is good for some, I work with several buyers and investors that are always looking for the best deal. Out of the 8 offers I've written for buyers/investors this month, 7 were in competing offer situations. This is becuase the properties were great deals and priced attractively. If you do that, buyers and agents will notice and you may experience the same situation.

If you don't, buyers and agents will also notice that you're overpriced and go on to the next 100 or so available town homes in Sterling.

An honest and experienced agent that backs up his claims with data and a CMA should guide you well. Yes, I can back up the stats above. Feel free to contact me at any time to go into further detail. You can also check out my blog (link below) for more information about the Loudoun County real estate market.
Web Reference: http://www.LoudounStats.com