No Name, Home Seller in Sebastian, FL

what do I need to do to transfer my lic. from fl. to ky.? also what is the cost?

Asked by No Name, Sebastian, FL Wed Dec 15, 2010

Answers

3
The Kentucky Real Estate Commission allows real estate agents with active licenses from any state to apply for a license in KY--provided you can pass a test on KY real estate laws. So, if you plan to get your KY license, you need to take a class on KY law, and once you pass the law test, then you are eligible for a KY license. Also, KY now requires an FBI background check within the past 6 months. So, there you have it. If you want to come to Owensboro, please stop in at Century 21 partners, and talk with me.
Good luck! John Burns
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 17, 2010
Hello, I am managing broker for Semonin Realtors in Louisville, KY. I would be happy to talk with you about transferring your license to KY. We do have a reciprocal agreement with Florida. The KY Real Estate Commision's phone # is (502) 429-7250. My phone # is (502) 736-5811 Veronica Brown.
Some states have reciprocity, that makes transferring a license easier. I don't know which do and which don't so check that out by contacting the real estate commission in Ky to see if they do have it with Florida. If not you get to do the class, test and all that over again. When I moved from Virginia to NC I had to do that. It was not too bad since I had a lot of experience and knew the terms and practices involved.