Homelynx, Home Buyer in 07040

what are the typical SELLER closing costs in NJ?

Asked by Homelynx, 07040 Wed Apr 28, 2010

I want to know what typically would the seller pay at closing: I know that there are realtor commissions and transfer taxes, but what else?

Answers

5
In addition to commission and taxes, you can expect to pay for any liens if applicable, c/o's if applicable, legal fees, any adjustments, etc., keep in mind that your agent and or attorney, can best answer your question specifically as it applies to you.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Apr 28, 2010
Closing costs & (deductions) for Seller are: Real estate commission, Real estate transfer tax, attorney fee, Certificate of occupancy (usually smoke detector/fire extinguisher certificate), mortgage pay off, filing fees.
Homelynx, thanks for the prompt reply. Will you remain in NJ? Regards,
Thanks for all your answers.

Yes - I sold my house. I closed on it yesterday (7/2/2010).

HomeLynx
Typical Seller closing costs in NJ, include the realtor commission, the NJ Realty Transfer fee (which is roughly a tad less than 1% of what the sale price of the house is--there is a formula used to calculate), the smoke detector/c.o. application for your town (plus the cost of smoke detectors, carbon monoxide detectors & fire extinguishers that need to be placed in the home, if not already there in compliance) and the cost of your attorney. Of course, not necessarily closing costs, but if there are any home inspection issues you need to address and/or credits given regarding these issues.