Sophie, Home Seller in 14043

what are the pros and cons of selling a home in new york with a home sale contingency for the buyers?

Asked by Sophie, 14043 Sun Mar 27, 2011

Answers

2
Sophie,
I can't speak directly to NY, but in general the pros would depend on the offer being made and the home they planned to sell. I consider a contingent on sale request a concession similar to a reduced price. If you were my seller, I'd want to know why this offer was better than waiting for another non-contingent offer.
If the buyer is offering full price, minimal other contingencies and had a very attractive and well priced home to sell, I'd consider it.
If they want an unreasonable discount on your home and plan to list their over market value, forget about it.
I'm not sure of your market but it's a high risk if their home does not have a buyer secured on it. If they do have a buyer make sure that buyer isn't contingent. Make sure your agent would have full access to that transaction. Make sure your buyer's buyer is totally qualified with a lender and has a good size deposit on the house. If you can avoid a contingent offer I would.