Home Selling in Sarasota>Question Details

Bigred1942, Home Seller in Sarasota, FL

what are the fee rates from lawers in sarasota,fl area for short sales?

Asked by Bigred1942, Sarasota, FL Sun Sep 11, 2011

Answers

9
You don't actually have to have a short sale negotiator or lawyer involved. It would, however, be prudent to discuss your financial and legal issues with an attorney or account in advance. You would save a lot of money by having your Realtor deal directly with your lender instead.

Unfortunately, most Realtors don't want to do this, because it means calling every day for an update on your file with your lender. That's what the short sale negotiator is doing, and it's usually a low-level person making daily phone calls. The bank will spit out a number that it needs to minimize it's loss, when it's ready. Theres really not a lot to negotiate.

I'm going against the tide here, but if you're in financial stress, it bothers me to see people have to pay more money in fees because of this myth created in our industry about short sale negotiators.

David Barr, Broker Associate
Sandals Realty
941.870.0656 david@davidbarrhomes.com Twitter: @sarasota_homes
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 11, 2011
Weintraub Anne L, Attorney
1900 Ringling Blvd, Sarasota, FL 34236 » Map
(941) 365-7171
In my experience, specialized short sale processors and negotiators get much quicker and better results than lawyers.

Check out: http://www.priorityshortsales.com/ these guys are quick and effective at processing short sales, they can close short sale deals in less than 45 days.
Fees do vary as well as the amount of service provided. Personally, I prefer to have an attorney as part of the team right from the start. There are many things that I can do to help you short sale your home, but there are a variety of legal issues that can and do arise that should only be handled by an attorney. There are a number of knowledgeable, professional attorneys in the Sarasota area and I would be happy to recommend some to you, just let me know.

Bob Schult
Key Solutions Real Estate Group
941-915-9797
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 11, 2011
BigRed1942, your question indicates your interest in securing a short sale for your property. Yes, attorney rates vary, but, my first question to you is what are you trying to accomplish? If you owe more than the market value, you can list your property without being behind on your mortgage. A short sale begins when you have an offer to purchase. Then your paperwork, the purchase agreement and the buyer's paperwork are submitted to the lender asking for a short sale. The negotiated price of the purchase agreement may or may not be acceptable to the lender(s). They in turn may counter the purchase price, thus, establishing what they are willing to accept regarding a short sale. The lender(s) acceptance or counter allows both the seller (you) and the buyer to move forward with the transaction.

If you are upside down on your property and are thinking about turning the property back to the bank then you would be best served to check with a bankruptcy attorney and a real estate attorney. You can also seek out legal aid.

To list your property for a short sale does not require consultation with an attorney. It just gets the ball rolling. You can consult with an attorney at any time during the short sale process. Keep in mind that banks have different departments, the mortgage department, the work out department and collection dapartment do not consult with each other they function independently and follow different guidelines and timelines.

If you are intersted in discussing your situation further, call 941.313.1234.
Hello BigRed,
I specialize in the sales and negotiations of short sales. Your Realtor should always take the lead on your short sale and be knowledgeable on the entire process. I do not ever want to turn total control of your SALE to an attorney. I do, however, have an attorney on my team who will consult with you for a minimum fee. That fee will be waived if you close your transaction with her.

Recently some attorneys have set new restrictions on the short sale transactions they are accepting, as have some Realtors and short sale negotiators. If the transaction (value of the property) is less than $100,000.00 they will not accept your short sale. Be sure to check on that restriction.

For a name of an attorney please contact me directly.

Faye Doyle, LLC
GRI: Graduate Real Estate Institute
CDPE: Certified Distressed Property Expert
ABR: Accredited Buyer's Representative
WCR: Woman's Council of Realtors
TRC: Transnational Referral Certification
e-PRO®: Certification Internet Professionalism
Coldwell Banker
100 N. Tamiami Trail, Sarasota, FL 34236
Fax: 941-364-8740
Email: fayedoylellc@gmail.com
Rates do vary, therefore contact each attorney directly and ask...
The rates vary with each lawyer, but a lawyer that specializes in Real Estate and Short Sales charges a fee of $1,500.00.
Her initial consultation is $250.00 with the Balance due at closing.

If you would like her contact information, I will forward it to you.

Best regards

Cliff Hornsby
cliffhornsby@michaelsaunders.com
941-321-3188
http://www.cliffnotesonhomes.com
I would suggest you contact a lawyer directly and ask that question. Here is a lawyer in Sarasota that can help you.

Anne L. Weintraub, Esquire, may now be contacted at (941) 917-0505 or aweintraub@bandweintraub.com.