Question Details

Carol, Real Estate Pro in

what are some the benefits and downfalls of working on a real estate team?

Asked by Carol, Thu Jan 10, 2008

Answers

1
Carol,
I am part of a team, actually I am a partner with an experienced Realtor and we have 2 full time assistance. The benefit as the old saying goes, "two heads are better than one". It allows for us to take a day off here and there as well. Of course every relationship has its strains, some of which are the fact that you can't agree on everything all of the time. It's kind of like marriage, takes alot of work to make it successfull. On the other hand, if you are looking to work on a team as a buyer's specialist you will save loads of investment in lead generation. As a buyer's specialist you will be "handed" leads to work with and in turn will give a hefty piece of the commission to your team leader.
Its a great fit for some people, just be sure that you work out the exit strategy before you become a team member.

Good Luck!!