Elaine Akers, Home Seller in Michigan

we live in ada michigan, have reduced our home by $40,000, lots of lookers but not one single offer. any hope?

Asked by Elaine Akers, Michigan Fri Oct 26, 2007

for us

Answers

13
Elaine, There is always hope. A general rule of thumb is; if you are getting no visitors the home may be priced 12-16 percent too high. A few visitors and no offers the home may be priced 5-10 percent too high.

If you are getting lots of people viewing your home, what feedback are you getting? It may not be the price, it may be the condition or even something about the floorplan. Try to find out what is turning off the buyers.
Elaine,

Yes, there is hope. What kind of feedback are you getting from the lookers? It might be time to do an updated market analysis to see how your pricing compares to what is selling. If you are getting lookers, what are they buying instead and why? Are there things that you can address to make them chose your house over the competition? Condition and price are both really important right now.
Web Reference: http://mioaklandcounty.com
Maureen Fran…, Real Estate Pro in Birmingham, MI
You must be so frustrated, as many other well-priced homes. Ada is still a very desirable area of West Michigan and if your price is competitive, and the condition & location are positive... it may just be a matter of time. Pay close attention to the feedback from showings and respond to it. If you have the choice - it might not be a bad idea to end your listing and re-list in January for the Spring Market. Your agent would have the best advice for you. Best Wishes!
Web Reference: http://www.DanaSellsGR.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Oct 26, 2007
If your home is priced right for its condition and its location it will sell. Discuss with your realtor what has sold recently in your area. See if your pricing is in line. Preview homes that are similar to yours in the area. Compare condition, size and location. Be honest with your findings. Lastly have patience. It takes longer these days to sell most homes.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Oct 26, 2007
this question posted Oct 2007.

I think Elaine has solved her problem by now.
Yes call me, i can help you sell your home my number is (616) 669-9300. I look forward to talking to you soon.
Elaine,

There are so many homes to chose on the market this year. There are so many lookers but now in the past few months many sellers have expired their homes. Prices look like they have hit the bottom and I think right now is the time to have your home on the market when there are less homes on the market. Don't give up the right buyer will come along. Thanks, Steve Dykstra
Always hope Elaine! Depending on feedback it might be time to get it staged. But way to go using Trulia to get feedback for other agents in the market. Are you able to find your home on Truia?
There is hope. You could adjust your price by $100,000 however and still end up without offers if your home is not competitive. Pricing is 80% of the issue today. Exposure and negotiating are the other 20%.
Are you sellling on your own or through a Realtor? There are a lot of competition out there and you have to price the home right. If you are over priced for the current market you will have a harad time selling. Contact me and I will give you a FREE market analysis of your property. IF YOU HAVE A RrEALTOR GET THEM TO RE-EVALUATE THE MARKET IN YOUR AREA. Pricing and location are everything in this competitive market today. Alicia Beyr - 616-893-2505
Web Reference: HTTP://WWW.2905BONNELL.COM
Elaine, I am apparently one of the few home buyers searching in the area and my wife works at Alticor-Amway. I would like to see your listing, but I do not know where to look. I look forward to your reply
The price point is not low enough. Get your Realtor to run a report that shows comparable sales in the last six months in your area to help you see what direction you need to go.

Sometimes it is your price, sometimes just limited buyers in the marketplace. To grab the lookers, find a mortgage broker that can offer a 40 yr loan, or special something to attract a buyer.
Web Reference: http://www.iansellsnola.com