Home Selling in Vero Beach>Question Details

Kathy Staiger,  in Vero Beach, FL

we just saw our home listed on Trulia (881 Oyster Shell Lane, Vero Beach Fl.) Every bit of info is wrong!

Asked by Kathy Staiger, Vero Beach, FL Mon Apr 16, 2012

Our home is now active, we have 4 br, 3 baths 2 half baths, our house is 3803 sq. ft. and was built in 1992. Please correct soonest!

Answers

9
Kathy,
Websites like Trulia and Zillow, without the consent of the real estate agent, scrape information from other websites, take data from tax authority websites, and accept data from any site or organization choosing to send data and mash it up to display here on Trulia. The accurate data created by the real estate agent is actually changed by Trulia in addition to removing the agent contact information.

Example: 1640 Curlew Rd, Dunedin, Fl 34698
No agent would write that description.

The typical home buyer who visits sites like Trulia or Zillow have no way to discern truth from fiction. There are hundreds and hundreds of sites just like this all over the internet. You need to make sure everyone you know understands such websites are for entertainment purposes. For real timely and accurate data they need access to the local MLS. Your real estate professional will provide this access freely. Meanwhile, aggregate websites can continue to advertise homes that are not for sale as ""FOR SALE" home that are for sale as "OFF MARKET" and alter or mangle the data as they please. Real home buyers will migrate to webstes providing reliable, accurate, timely data.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 17, 2012
This was a great and honest answer!
Flag Tue Apr 17, 2012
Trulia lifts the info off the MLS system that agents use. Trulia also lagged on real time info on my own home up for sale.
Hi Kathy,

I'm Andrew, a community manager here in Trulia Voices, and so can speak on Trulia's behalf.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I'm going to follow up on your home with our Customer Service team immediately, so we can get the correct information on our site as fast as possible.

We take data inaccuracies very seriously. Thanks again for bringing this inaccuracy to our attention.

Andrew
Community Manager, Trulia Voices
Hi Andrew, thank you for your reply. Our correct listing should show up shortly on Trulia. I think the info came from court records before the house was remodeled.
Flag Tue Apr 17, 2012
Kathy,
This is the exact reason why you should not be using For Sale Buy Owner or any other derivative of this type of home selling. A qualified agent would have your property listed and exposed correctly to get your home sold. What you felt you would be saving without proper representation will cost you more in the long run. I can tell you that I only show listed property in the MLS and I certainly do not go looking for properties to show and sell on other websites. You should be contacting the FSBO company you listed with and have them take care of your problem. The agents responding here are under the assumption that you have listed with a licensed REALTOR.
It's a job for SUPER AGENT!!! Have your Realtor take care of this, good luck,

Jim Simms
NMLS # 6395
JSimms@cmcloans.com
Financing Kentucky One Home at a Time
Kathy:
I don't see it on the MLS. Is it actively listed?
Steven Zeuner
Skzeuner@gmail.cim
Steven, it will be on MLS soon. Please look for it.
Flag Mon Apr 16, 2012
Trulia shows all properties even if they are not listed. I am going to assume you just listed with an agent and the paperwork has not yet made it into the MLS. That is why it is showing up on Trulia as off the market with the standard verbiage for off the market properties. You should contact your listing agent and let him/her know what you have found. I hope this was helpful.
When you list with an agent they personally put your correct property information onto the different real estate web sites. I am not sure if owner.com will do that for you or if they just notify the major sites and the sites pull your information from the tax records. As far as you paying more to be in the MLS, it is not in Indian River County MLS or Regional MLS as I have just checked both sites for you.
Flag Mon Apr 16, 2012
Kathy,
The tax records for Indian River County show 3,228 sq feet and 3 bedrooms, 2 and 1/2 baths built in 1990. That is where Trulia is pulling the information from. So Indian River County has your information incorrect.
Flag Mon Apr 16, 2012
Plus this faulty info is actually hindering rather than helping the sale of our home.
Flag Mon Apr 16, 2012
If Trulia shows all properties, even if they are not listed, where are they getting these wrong facts, and what good is any of their info if you never know if it's accurate? I just don't get it.
Flag Mon Apr 16, 2012
I looked in Trulia, and your home is shown with the tag "OFF MARKET" with a pop up note that indicates that "This home is not currently listed for sale in Trulia". If your home was for sale at one point, the listing agent or broker should have checked this information at that time. If you are considering the sale of your home, I can assist you in that sale and make sure that all facts are correct both on the MLS and other Real Estate sites.

I live in Castaway Cove and I am very familiar with the real estate market in both Castaway Cove and the Barrier Island. Feel free to contact me for any question you may have.

John Makris
Weichert Realtors, Hallmark Properties
1630 Club Dr
Vero Beach, FL 32963
772-532-0945
http://www.veroflrealestate.com
Where is it even listed? Not in our local MLS- It's apparently a secret.
No, it's not a secret, we are just in the process of reactivating with owners.com and have upgraded our listing to include MLS. In filling out the paperwork we came across the Trulia website and saw our home. I have no idea where they got their info. as it was never listed anywhere with anyone with that wrong data. It's like someone just made it up! Hopefully we will be able to get through the forms soon and you will see it in your listings at the latest by Wed. afternoon. It is listed now on owners.com.
Flag Mon Apr 16, 2012