Home Selling in Webster>Question Details

Sbr2010, Home Seller in Webster, TX

we just find information that my husband sold his childhood home to step father, we had no knowledge of the sale,ownership. Is this legal or possible?

Asked by Sbr2010, Webster, TX Sun Dec 12, 2010

His Mother died and my husband was kicked out of house 2 weeks after. No will to our knowledge was ever completed but might have been started?

Help the community by answering this question:


You should probably contact the probate attorney for the estate.
It can depend on so many things if it was legal or not.
For example if there was no will and he was an only child, it might have passed to him.
It could be that he had ownership before his mother passed.
Good luck.

Did you husband have a written lease?
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Feb 24, 2011
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
Listen to Anna B. and seek the counsel of a qualified attorney as this is a question of law, pure and simple.
Web Reference: http://www.phgbrokers.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 12, 2010
Since you are asking a legal question, for an accurate answer, it's best to consult with an attorney who specializes in Trust & Estates and or real estate.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 12, 2010
Hi Sarah

I sent you an email directly. You should contact the Harris County State Bar-- Lawyer Referral service for a free 30 minute consultation.. They can send you to an attorney that can help you. I sent the contact info in my email to you.

Best of Luck!

0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Dec 13, 2010
You need to contact an attorney for this kind of legal question, as Realtors we cannot provide you with any
legal advice. Please find an attorney in Webster TX who can assist you and make recommendations and then also represent you.

Good Luck to you!
Edith YourRealtor4Life and Chicago Connection
Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Dec 13, 2010
Okay it seems your husband was living in a home with his mother.
When his mom died, he was kicked out and the house was sold to his step father illegally
As you believe that your husband was on title, and someone signed on his behalf.

That would be fraud.

But it's likely that the house passed from his mom to his step father on her death.
The step father then decided to sell it.

Clearly you need to get a Real Estate attorney involved, as well as an family Trust and Estate lawyer.
Start with a real estate lawyer.

Good luck, regret to hear about this problem.

0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 12, 2010
None of us has any idea of the details of the sale that you are describing. Even if we did we could not give you advice because you need the advice of an attorney. If you think that you or your family has been wronged, see an attorney for whatever remedy is available.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 12, 2010
You indicated that your husband just sold his mother's home to his stepfather without your knowledge. I would seek legal advice immediately to protect any interest you may have in the property. It may be legal if his mother gave the property to her son in a will -- if they closed at a title company or law office - documents should be filed with the county clerk's office.

Again, please seek legal advice as soon as possible. Let me know if you need a referral in the area you are located in.

Best of luck to you

0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 12, 2010
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer