Home Selling in 33433>Question Details

Pinkyuram, Other/Just Looking in 33433

we bought a home in 2006 in boca raton florida, lost our deed information, where can we get another?

Asked by Pinkyuram, 33433 Wed May 5, 2010

we need to know the date of purchase and need a copy of the deed for bankruptcy purposes.

Help the community by answering this question:


Contact the title company who closed your transaction and recorded the paperwork. They should be able to help you at a minimal cost. Or you can go down to the court house and purchase a certified copy.

Mark Doring
Re/Max Complete Solutions
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 10, 2013
Hello Pinkyuram,

I hope that everything worked out in your favor and you were able to recover your deed and kept the house. I am a real estate broker and owner of Find Home 123, Inc real estate company. I would like to extend my personal services to you. Feel free to contact me for any real estate advise or service.

Best regards,

Yuri Epshteyn
Real Estate Broker
Find Home 1-2-3, Inc
cell: 561-800-2076
fax: 561-503-4800
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Mar 12, 2013

If an uncertified copy will do, you should be able to find one by going to the County clerk's website. Here is the link: http://www.mypalmbeachclerk.com/

Put in the name and search for deeds for the subject property. Good luck.

Nadine Mauro
Realty Hub, Inc.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri May 7, 2010
If you can recall the name of the title company who processed this transaction for you I suggest that you might also contact that firm.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu May 6, 2010

You should be concerned if the deed to your home or other property is destroyed or lost. The deed you receive is really just a certification to you that your transaction has been established as public record; the true declaration of your ownership is held at the county courthouse. Your original deed cannot be replaced, but you can obtain a certified copy of your deed at your county courthouse. You will not need any identification because you are requesting a public record, but you will need to know the property holder's name and there will be a small charge for the copying.

For more information, visit:

http://www.myfloridacounty.com/services/ officialrecords_intro.shtml

If the deed is being held by a bank or mortgage company, check with the current deed holder to be sure that any deed they are holding until full payment has been made is safe. If damage has occurred, work with your lending/mortgage organization to find out how they can replace these critical documents.

I hope this information answers your question but if you need anything additional please do not hesitate to contact me.

Always at Your Service,

Tom Priester e-PRO
"Results Driven Real Estate"

Keller Williams Realty
561 308-0175
Web Reference: http://www.tompriester.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu May 6, 2010
I believe that if you contact a local (in Boca Raton) title company they can help you (for a small fee).

Good luck, Connie
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed May 5, 2010
You need to go to the court house or county recorder of deeds or wherever your original deed was filed and ask the clerk to help you in getting a copy.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed May 5, 2010
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer