Laci Nicole…, Both Buyer and Seller in Springfield, MO

trying to list my mom's house in as many places as possible..

Asked by Laci Nicole Carlisle, Springfield, MO Wed Jul 11, 2012

aside from here, craigslist and hot pads, what else should I do?

Answers

8
Hi Laci,
I read over the other agents comments, I don't think anyone intended on being rude. My post was merely informative and I wrapped it up by offering free consultation. Agents offering their services is how we do business and the vast majority of us are some of the finest people you could meet. Most Realtors are "People" persons and get along with everybody. We have a sincere desire to help people sell and buy their homes. It's a tough job with a bad economy. I wish you the best Laci. I still am happy to talk to you about things you can do to help your mom. I hope to hear from you.... Again, there was no "tone" intended on my post.

Steve
Btw, wanted to make it clear I am not a realtor. We buy and sell homes. Sometimes we've used a realtor and sometimes not. Generally we get the most response from Craigslist. Although it's rare to get leads through zillow or trulia, from the reports it seems Zillow has more traffic in this area, at least for the kind of listing we have right now. The second best response I've gotten after Craigslist is through facebook especially if I post an album of photos. But mostly got responses that way for houses we had for rent. Anyway, hope you can find a buyer quickly! Some types of homes are starting to sell better lately!
thank you
Flag Fri Jul 13, 2012
thing is my mom wants the money, she doesnt want to pay a realtor to sell her house and loose a bunch of money. I really dont know why I asked, thought maybe I would get some good advice from people that have sold homes sans the realtor. I also find it insulting that some of you have been really rude, and then drop your name and contact info in the same b/s answer. Like we would go with a jerk for a realtor?
Hire a good realtor? Last three eye surgeries I had I went to a specialist. Good luck,

Jim Simms
NMLS # 6395
JSimms@cmcloans.com
Financing Kentucky One Home at a Time
You should consider "listing" your mom's house with a REALTOR. By working with a REALTOR your mom's house will be listed in a Multi-List (MLS) which gives access to all licensed real estate agents in your area. Without a REALTOR you do not have access to lisitng in the area MLS.
Hi Laci,

Your Mom's house is not "listed". That terminology is for a home that is on a local Multi-List service that only Real Estate agents have access to advertise homes into. Part of the expensive fees we pay to belong to such services provides us with an IDX (internet data exchange) feed to internet avenues such as Trulia, Zillow and many, many others. We simply have access to more listing tools than are readily available to the general public. Most buyers employ Real Estate professionals like myself to assist them in finding a home. When we have buyers, guess where we search to find our buyers the home that meets their needs? The Multi-List. It provides us with search engine tools that would amaze you! Some folks get lucky by putting a sign in their yard or advertising on CL, but nationwide statistics would demonstate that you are much better off employing a Real Estate agent. What if you could have achieved a higher sales price for your mom? What if she makes another 12 months worth of mortgage payments trying to sell it on her own? I am a full time Real Estate agent with RE/MAX House of Brokers in Springfield. I have one simple business model: Treat each client as I would treat my own family. You deserve nothing less than the best of my abilities. You can reach me at 417-569-9675. I offer Real Estate consultation at no charge.
Best of luck,
Steve
I never said it was listed. I said I was trying to list it on as many services as possible. And hopefully she will get lucky and sell her house.
Flag Fri Jul 13, 2012
For maximum exposure consider listing with a broker....
Zillow.com is a good place that gets a good amount of traffic, if you have twitter you can tweet an ad and/or post as a facebook status. There is also backpage.com, but I don't know if that is a well used page in this area, though there are some listings there. Feel free to email me the info on your mom's house for our consideration too. Email at rlcassociates@gmail.com