Oklahoma82, Home Seller in 73160

title company forgot to collect on a home repair invoice?

Asked by Oklahoma82, 73160 Mon May 14, 2012

the title company forgot to collect on a invoice during closing the sale of our property. it has almost been a year since this closing and now they have sent us a letter requesting our payment. i understand that we agreed to pay at closing, but we had no idea it was not paid then. all invoices were present but somehow it was missed. are we responsible for this mistake?

Answers

7
Unfortunately yes: This was your cost: However if you call your Realtor and tell him or her and ask for help they might be able to help negotiate with the titlt co to pay part since it was their mistake:
Please contact the lawyer who handeled your closing. This kind of a legal question should be answered by a lawyer who is familiar with your closing and your state laws. Good luck.
I would say yes however, I would really question this
Yes, Because it's your options to get the inspection. Therefore you hired the contractor and agreed to pay for their services. Good Luck, I have now started having my clients pay for it on the day of inspections.
Unfortunately, yes. If you were the seller and agreed, per the contract, to purchase a home warranty for the property then you are responsible for that invoice. That's a bummer....I'm sorry.
You or your agent should have known the invoice had not been paid because it would have been noted on the closing statement. You are still responsible for payment since you or your agent were provided a copy of the closing statement and acknowledged it was correct when it actually was not.
It sounds like it might make a good case for Small Claims Court.