Earnie Neal, Real Estate Pro in Miami Lakes, FL

this is a va apprasial- the seller agent has asked for a copy of the buyers va apprasial do we have to give a copy?

Asked by Earnie Neal, Miami Lakes, FL Wed Oct 5, 2011

Answers

2
Ben's answer was spot on.....and the chance of contesting an FHA or VA appraisal and getting it moved higher is possible...but not likely.

The primary reason a seller would want the appraisal would be to know if the appraisal came in higher than the agreed upon price....I simply tell the Listing agent we have no problem with value and here are the repairs, if any, required by the lender.
No. The buyer paid for the appraisal for the benefit of the lender. However, there may be conditions which need to be met by contract such as VA required repairs. If the seller will be making the repairs it may be helpful to at least provide the paragraph which include these conditions. Keep in mind that if the appraisal comes in low, the lender will not loan more than appraised value so I imagine the agent will ask for a copy of the appraisal to see what comps were used. If the contract is terminated because of a low appraisal, then I imagine you may need to show the page that refers to value along with the release. Refer to your contract where it refers to the VA appraisal to be sure though as I am in Virginia.