Home Selling in Albuquerque>Question Details

xxcody2gunsxx, Home Seller in Albuquerque, NM

thinking about Selling my House in Albuquerque .how long does it take 2012?

Asked by xxcody2gunsxx, Albuquerque, NM Thu Oct 11, 2012

We attemped to sell our house 2 years ago but because of damage to the house from that the freeze that happened and poor real estate agent we took our house off the market .to have it fixed but never put it back on the market .
it was a true pain .Keeping the house spotless every day just to have a total of 2 people to look at it in a matter of 2 months . I had the price fixed where it was as low as forclosures around my area .
I am now wanting to sell my house again but dont want to sit forever waiting and never happening .

Answers

12
The housing inventory continues to shrink and with interest rates still at historic lows, houses are moving much more quickly now than last year and especially since 2010. Houses that are priced aggressively, properly presented, and given the widest range of internet (including social media) exposure can sell within the first thirty days on the market.

Margaret Bell
Associate Broker
Signature Southwest Properties
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Oct 11, 2012
In my community, I've seen homes on the market for almost a year. I suggest utilizing the various websites (zillow, craigslist, forsalebyowner) to help in selling your home. Even publishing ads in the ABQ Journal is a way to gain an advantage.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 14, 2012
My husband and I have been looking for a house for months! maybe yours is the house we are waiting for.. what is the general area of your home. cross streets perhaps? how many bedrooms and baths and square feet?
Reply here or text me at 505 206 0495.
:)

oh.. and good luck!

Ana
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 13, 2012
Congrats Ana hope all works out for you as well .
Cody
Flag Mon Oct 15, 2012
Hi xxcody2!

I sure wish I had read your email before yesterday.. we had an appointment this morning and made an offer an a house!.. .. I wish you the best of all things.
Ana
Flag Sun Oct 14, 2012
Thanks Ana .
I do have my house on Zillow uner the "Make me move"
Here is the Link .
http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/12803-Edwards-Ct-NE-Albuquerque-NM-87123/6796413_zpid/

The main cross sections would be Chelwood and Copper .
it has 3 bedrooms ,2 bthrooms and appox.1530 square ft . sits on a 1/4 acre lot .
Flag Sun Oct 14, 2012
How long it takes can depend on several factors.

Selling a home in any market can present challenges. As a home flipper, we buy low, rehab and sell quickly in this market. The things we've discovered over time with our own sales and with others we know is that location is key, setting the right price as early in the process is important, and so is the presentation.

I am currently transitioning from a 16 year banking / mortgage career into getting my real estate license to share this with the community. Understanding the pshycology of what buyers are looking for is also an important element.

If I can help in any way, please don't hesitate to contact me privately.

God Bless You,
Joshua
Having a house sit for a long time can be very frustrating. In order to give you a true and accurate answer of days on market there are a number of factors that are involved. Without knowing the area of the city you are located you will just get a broad overall market answer, which might not be true to your specific neighborhood. In this market it is crucial to have specific data and comps tailored to your area. If you are interested in interviewing agents again for selling your home, I would love the opportunity to look at the house, sit down with you and go over what is happening in your area. I will also show you what I might do differently from your previous agent to market your home and give you maximum exposure. Thanks for your question and please feel free to call me at 505-385-9681.

Laurel Kressler
Associate Broker
6703 Academy Rd NE
Albuquerque, NM 87109
Cell - 505-385-9681
Office - 505-271-8200
Laurelkressler@yahoo.com
http://www.laurelkressler.com/

Also Find Me on:
https://www.facebook.com/ABQNMHomes
Trulia: http://www.trulia.com/profile/laurelkresslercom/
Thanks Laurel . I received your brochure and e
mail as well . My wife and I are still thinking about it and if we decide to go ahead and sell the house ,you'll be the first we talk too .
Flag Mon Oct 15, 2012
70 days was the average time on the market for home that sold last month. See latest market report. http://www.gaar.com/market_statistics/report/september_2012_…

You can see other data that will apply to your situation, for instance the number of homes that sold in your price range, in your geographic area, and so on.

In a given year about 8% of all listings sell. The other 92% do not sell, linger, get cancelled, withdrawn, expire, and so on.

Please call or write to discuss your specific situation.
Homes that are priced well and that show well are moving at a robust pace, usually within 30-45 days, and sometimes even quicker. The keys to a timely sale are mainly items that you can control, unless there is an external factor beyond your control, such as poor location, poor surrounding properties, etc. In any market, price can overcome any negative factors. If we can be of service, please don't hesitate to contact us. We are top agents in the ABQ Metro. Good luck to you!
This is a very broad question that depends on many variables that relate to your home and the area you live in. In the current market, if its priced correctly and directed towards the right audience.....under a month. The market has picked up and most Realtors that are busy right now haven't seen this kind of action in years. If you like, let me show you what your area is experiencing in sold properties as well as your competition. I would be more than happy to assist you.

Joel Sanchez
Venture Realty Group
505-514-8741
There are many factors that go into the time it takes to sell your home, including: price, condition, inventory in your area, staging and marketing. The average for Albuquerque is approximately 70 days. Inventories are down 30% from 2 years ago which is great for folks wanting to sell their homes this year. I am happy to meet with you to discuss the issues that you previously had when your home was on the market and to provide you with an updated market analysis so that you can feel confident in making a decision on whether or not to list your home for sale.

You can reach me at 505-688-5343 or delesedellios@gmail.com.

We're at the time of the year where homes can sit on the market a bit longer than during the warmer months of the year. However, if priced competitively and with maximum exposure, you can see it sell in less than average time.

I offer a FREE home valuation and selling tips. You can complete the free online valuation form by going to: http://www.syan.com/valuation

I'll work quickly to get you a detailed report.

Leigh-Jo
Syan Real Estate
Call/Text: (505) 730-8181
http://www.Syan.com
Web Reference: http://www.syan.com/sellers
When selling a home, working with an experienced area Realtor is essential, as he or she will not
only compare your home to the ones that have recently sold in your area and are similar to yours, but
will also look at the market in general, and compare yours to your competition, the homes on the market, and often there are bigger homes just slightly higher priced and that would then be a problem
selling yours.

So since there are so many different aspects when pricing a property right to sell, and not to sit
for too long, also staging may help, i.e. if it is still furnished may be moving around some or removing some will help, and occasionally a little bit of new color paint helps a lot, as the photos on the internet
will show more inviting, and not always do you need to paint the entire room, sometimes just giving
one wall a pop of color should make a difference.

If you need recommendations for are Realtors get back to me and I gladly make some recommendations. What is your homes price range, and how large, i.e. how many bedrooms and
baths....
Sincerely yours,
Edith YourRealtor4Life & Chicago and Northern Illinois Expert

Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients, Buyers, Sellers and Investors alike....
And always with a SMILE
Covering for @Properties the city of Chicago, all N and NW suburbs, the fine homes on the
North Shore, and many of the W and SW suburbs, and with her trusted Partner Agents all of
the US and worldwide properties. Edith speaks French, German, some Spanish and other.....
@Properties, 30 Green Bay Rd, Winnetka, Illinois 60093 ---- EdithDoesItRight@yahoo.com or EdithSellsHomes@gmail.com Check out my website at htttp://www.tinyurl.com/MeetEdithHere
get to know me better and learn about my experience, expertise, services available and letters of recommendation of former clients..... Also you can sign up on my site to search for properties in my expanded service area. HAVE THE MOST WONDERFUL DAY :)
Feel free to call, email or text me. I'd be glad to discuss your home and what it will take to get it Sold.

Adam Pehrson
Sandia Peak Realty
Adam@SandiaPeakRealty.com
505-401-0496