Home Selling in Apple Valley>Question Details

Bob, Home Seller in Minneapolis, MN

signatures forged

Asked by Bob, Minneapolis, MN Thu Jun 26, 2008

The home we sold closed in January 2008. In reviewing some documents, I suspect that the buyers' signatures were forged on several of the documents I signed. How are "possibly" forged signature issues resolved?

Answers

4
BOB,
Good Question, I hope to find out there was never any forgery on your documents. I would go talk to an attorney ASAP. As a Realtor we can not legally give any legal advice. Please let me know if you would like a recommendation. I work with a team of Experts Nationwide, in the USA and, in CA. We definitely specialize in short sales. Let me know if you have any other questions not pertaining to a legal issue. Are you buying or selling now and in a rut. Call me and give me some details. I am committed to the highest level of service and will ensure as realtor we subscribe to a very high Code Of Ethics!
You would need to take this issue to the title company. If you closed at an attorney's office, you may want to bring it to the attorney's attention also.
I agree with Frank, you need to take your complaint to your title company however, keep in mind, you are alleging a fraudulent act took place which can result in a full legal investigation as well as possible criminal charges. This is a can of worms that can result in lots of headaches, so be prepared to expect the unexpected here.

Good luck and you also might want to consider speaking with an Attorney before you make the allegations with your title company. You may also have some issues that need to be addressed such as a statue of limitations or any possible liability you may have by making such claims.
I would take it to the Title Company. They cover items like this as part of the title insurance.