Sonferre, Home Seller in Kew Garden Hills, Qu...

should i sell my coop and rent somewhere cheaper and save money? My mortgage is low but the maintenance is high.

Asked by Sonferre, Kew Garden Hills, Queens, NY Fri Sep 3, 2010

Answers

3
Carey Cantagallo’s answer
You should consider all options. Obviously without more specific information its hard to give you the proper advice. You may consider selling and moving into a building with lower maintenance charges. I believe owning is much better than renting and throwing the money away basically. When you own you are paying towards in investment. If you would like to sit down and give me more information I can definately give you some advice and show you what options are out there for you.
Feel free to contact me at anytime and goodluck!
Carey Cantagallo
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 25, 2010
Hi Son. Interesting that questions never have enough information to be properly answered. If you've owned short term (less than 5 years) you would most likely take a beating on a realized sale price in this current market.

The question to ask yourself is, "can I still afford to live in the Coop." Your question could imply that you are in a tight situation financially. If this is not the case, stay put and keep building your equity. Appreciation will follow but that will be much further down the road.

Obviously, you are the only person who can make the decision based on your goals, blah, blah, blah. If you have to sell, then sell. Whatever you decide, good luck.
To sell, or not, is a decision only you can make based on your long term goals, finances, wants, needs lifestyle, etc.